Chapter 4

(ok a few quick notes here. I originally wrote that the heroes were brothers. I went back and changed it but wattpad doesn't always update the edited stuff. I changed it to them not being brothers but instead like friends. And now I'm thinking I want to change brimstone's original quest time from one day or whatever I wrote cuz I forgot, to three days. There is a lot of content I wanted to add to actually make a better story outline but I ended up needing more time frame lol.)

Linda, Barley, and Ian take the armor of the hero and the sword and exit the cave. Barley is wearing the armor when the shrinking spell from earlier wears off and he grows too big for it. "Tight?!" He gasps.

Ian is about to adjust the armor when it begins to glow and changes shape. It now fits barley perfectly. "Magic armor." They realize.

Linda can't help the little gasp she makes when she realizes it's magical armor. "Wow."

"Rare metals and magic." Barley says. "The forge dragon Artaka did such a great job." He looks at the armor in the light of the outside. "The armor covers perfectly besides the broken piece." He points to the chip near the shoulder of the armor. "It looks like no ordinary weapon can penetrate the steel."

Ian observes this statement. "He was slain by his own blade."

"Magical armor can only be pierced by magical items." Barley says trying to remember if there was a quest of yore card for magical armor. "I'm sure I remember something about magical armor being written in the guidebook." He wonders out loud.

"Is it possible the three heros are written in the guidebook as well?" Ian asks.

Barley looks towards the library. "Maybe. I know it isn't in my books though I would have remembered that. The seer said to go to the library."

The morning light drifts over the horizon. Had it really been a few hours down in the caves?

Colt and Laurel return from the cave relieved to see the teens standing outside. "Looks like everyone is ok." Colt says. "And the forge is still functional. We should maintain it instead of tearing it down." He notices some construction guys had just pulled up and they were getting ready to set up their demolitions equipment. "I will take care of this." He nods to barley.

Laurel walks over to the teens and gives her sons a hug. "We didn't find anything but sure seems like you did."

Barley nods. "We found the sword along with this magical armor." He says.

"And a seer who told us part of the history of these three heroes who used to live thousands of years ago." Ian says.

"We need to go to the library." Linda says.

Barley and Ian nod. "She is right we have to complete this quest." Barley says looking at his mom. "Don't worry we can handle it.

Their mother nods. "I think you are right. I underestimated you boys last time. Just promise me you'll be safe."

Ian nods. "Of course."

Barley laughs. "When are we ever not careful?"

Laurel crosses her arms and sighs. "Don't make me start regretting this already." She smirks a little and looks toward colt. "I had better help organize the town and save the forge."

Barley digs in his pocket and finds the key to the room that the mayor had given him. "Here." He hands his mom the key. "I was able to get a rented space in the townhall. I have plenty of lists and charts of all the places around here that need saved."

His mother chuckles a little bit. "You are both so much like your father." She slips the key into her pocket. "Maybe we should be saving history instead of trying to erase it."