Chapter 2:

i jump as my alarm beeps loudly and i hit my head on my nightstand, groaning loudly and rubbing my head. how lovely. i hit snooze and check the time. since i only did community college, i don't have any school, meaning all i do is eat, sleep, and work.

i get up to get ready and i see that poppy had texted me. i check my phone as i yawn. 

poopy<3: "hey im so sorry but my cycle just kicked in and my cramps suck so bad. do you think you can cover for me?"

i sigh and look at the time. that means i should be over an hour early than i should be. 

me: "ofc :) feel better"

poopy<3: "thanks bb"

i put away my phone and head to the bathroom. i brush my teeth, do my skincare, and apply a bit of mascara on. i then head to my closet, and look at things to wear. i grab a black baggy cargo pant with multiple pockets and try it on. i then pair it with a crewneck, just a simple white nike one. i look myself in the mirror and try to focus on how nice the clothes look, not how they look when its on me.

i rush out my room and head to the kitchen, eating some food before taking my meds. i sigh as i scratch my head in frustration. i head back to my room to put on a necklace and a few rings and chains. i check the time. i have about 2 hours before i have to leave to work.

i turn on my pc and i decide to just type a story for fun. it helps me calm down and my thoughts are just lost as i type my heart out. so far i have 2 books, both about hopeless romance. i decide to write a new book and i sigh, wondering what to write about. after a while of thinking, i start to get bored and i get up, having writer block.

i just go on my phone for a while before its time to leave. with poppy gone, work is going to be more difficult. i head out to my car and drive. as i'm sitting in the parking lot, i suddenly get anxious about my outfit and how i look and i realize that i'm just wasting time.

i shrug it off, or i try to at least, and head inside, going straight for the back. i put on my vest and tag and i head to my stand, feeling eyes stare at me. i feel embarrassment creep into my cheeks as i'm standing here. i smile as a customer approaches me, setting down their things. i scan their items, and wait for them to fish their wallet. the door swooshes open, and i can't help but glance.

my breathing hitches as i see its him. he's back. this time, he's looking at his phone and looks up for a second before he looks back down. i swallow and i realize that my customer is looking at me, holding their credit card. "sorry." i mumble and flash an apologetic smile. they nod and i give them their card and groceries, watching them leave.

i turn my attention back on him and see him furrowing his brows, looking around the store before looking back at his phone again. i hesitate and the helpfulness side of me wants to ask if he needs any help on finding something, but i stop myself.

he looks up again and we make eye contact. i feel my heart pounding and i break the stare, feeling my hands sweating. he starts to make his way over and i clear my throat. jeez, i really need to calm down. "hey... again." he says and i look up and smile forcefully. "hello! do you need help with something?" i ask and he nods.

he looks at his phone and i take a small peek. its a list. "sorry i-," he pauses and lets out a small laugh, "my mom asked if i could get her some things, and i'm just so confused." i laugh a bit and he hands me his phone. "do you uh... know what this?" i look at it and smile. its a makeup product. "yeah, follow me." i say and lead us to the makeup section.

"this is... that's what it is?" he asks, a bit bewildered. i nod and smile. i grab a pretty good product and hand it to him. "pretty sure this is what shes asking for." i say and he takes it, looking at it before shrugging and dumping it in his basket. "thanks." he says and i nod. "need anything else?" i ask. bad idea. or was it a good idea? because we spend the next hour shopping, getting him things that are on his list.

by the time we're done, i head back to my stand and check out for him. i check the time and see that my shift has started, meaning that i finished covering for poppy. he pays for his things and i put them in a bag. i brush against his hands and i take a look at them. holy. his hands. i tear my gaze off them, and i painfully look him in the eyes. "well, have a nice day!" 

he smiles. "you too... y/n!" he takes a quick look at my nametag and i slightly blush from him saying my name. "thanks... uh-." "its clay." he informs me and i nod and finish my sentence. he grabs his things and leave, leaving me in a melt puddle. his name is clay. as i trudge through the rest of the day, all i can think is about how fun i actually had with him, helping him shop.

as soon as i'm done, i get my things and head to my car. as soon as i get in, i check my phone and see messages from poppy. she calls me and i answer. "hey! how was work?" i then hear a faint grunt and i hum. "mm, not too bad. i saw him again." poppy lets out a 'ooo' before groaning. "i took like 2 pain meds and they're not even helping." she mutters and i sigh.

"you seem like you're in pain." "i am." i roll my eyes. "should have just gotten birth control or something." i say, obviously joking. "says you. also, i don't need it." "i actually did get it, just last month." i inform her and hear her gasp. "WHAT? how come i never knew this?" poppy exclaims and i smile dumbly.

"because.. i don't know. i was just tired of my period and since i started to get... freaky... i decided to just get it." i explain and i hear poppy grunt. "hm. maybe i should get it?" i smile and giggle. "do it, dare you." we talk for a bit longer before she ends the call, complaining that she's going to take a bath to soothe her cramps. i drive home and i get a notification from twitter.

as soon as i'm in my house, i open it up and read it.

RECOMMENDED:

@Dream

@arianagrande

@brunomars

dream? who's that? i click on it and my memory refreshes. right, the famous minecrafter. i've had my fair share of knowledge on minecraft and i shrug. why not follow him? i already follow badboyhalo, who i'm assuming is his friend. as soon as i follow, a few of his tweets show up and i'm too tired to read them so i leave my phone and hop in the shower, thankfully not spending too much time looking at myself.

i head to bed, still not bothered to check my phone and i snuggle in, smiling as i feel exhuastion take over me.

TWITTER NOTIFICATION: 

@Dream: think i made a new friend at the grocery store. all i know is that she helped me buy makeup for my mom.