C̸h̸a̸p̸t̸e̸r̸ 6̸

Start from the beginning

I looked at the match and saw (Y/N) entering a really deep zone, a zone that made a lot of sports players concentrate to their fullest.

"She's not going easy on them" I mumbled, Ataumu looked at me at my sudden words.

"Why would she? The second best setter is in that team, so of course she wouldn't want to be able to go easy on them" I looked at Atsumu and then back at the match.

"Why do people care about ranks?" I asked, Atsumu taken aback at my question.

"You may not care, but there is always something lingering in (Y/N)'s mind, causing her to limit herself from being at her fullest potential. But of course, she doesn't know that which is such a waste" he explained to me.

"However, if you really wish to know, then it'd be better to ask (Y/N) herself or you go to Karasuno in the Miyagi prefecture and ask Tobio Kageyama. After all, the two of them are twins" Atsumu said and then a really loud cheer came from the court once again.

"(Y/N) just did an amazing set from the back line, then her teammate, Chihiro did an amazing cross spike to finish the set" the commentator from the journalism club said, full of enthusiasm. "It seems that (Y/N) won't be backing down any time soon as we are now heading to the last set".

"I must admit, she's really good. But what does her being Tobio Kageyama's twin have to do with this?" I asked.

"Oh you didn't know? She'd be a first year right now if she didn't move up" Atsumu told me. "She gets the grades, she's also really analytical so you can say that her intelligence allows her to do any type of set. That's why she's called the 'Golden Crow'"

"Such a shame she didn't come to Inarizaki though, I bet Kita would've liked to have someone like her in the female team or even better, as our manager. However, her attitude towards people could made Kita be mad if she were to be our manager" he said.

After watching a few points, Atsumu decided to head back to his school. Alongside his twin brother who stayed in the stands with a brown haired boy and a boy with a mixture of white and black hair. Apparently the result was painfully clear and obvious, making him be uninterested to see the match to its end.

The match ended with Inarizaki taking the win, (Y/N) was looking up at the ceiling, a smirk on her face as she started regaining her lost breath. Which reminded me of what Atsumu told me before he left.

"Tell her that I'll be more than willing to teach her a few things, but this offer will only last until the end of the tournament" he said.

Both teams bowed at each other, the audience in the stands giving a round of a applause. Each of the members started heading out, a lot of them looking at me while giggling and I gave them a death glare which made them all freeze to death and run away.

As soon as (Y/N) got out, I called out to her and she turned around to me.

"How was the English exam?" she asked me with a smug on her face and I ignored it.

"To make this simple and short so that I don't have to waste too much effort or even worse, catch your germs. Miya Atsumu from Inarizaki has told me to give this to you, telling me that he offers to be your mentor or something like that" I said and handed out the paper that Atsumu gave me with his phone number on it.

"Thanks?" she said while taking the paper and placing it in her pocket.

"Goodbye" I said and then walked off.

Your POV

"Tch, weirdo" I said while opening the paper. "An offer to have one of the best male setters teach me a few things, how wonderful. I'll ask my dad about it when I get home" I said and put on my headphones as I walked to my house.

"DAD!!! I'M HOME!!!" I said as soon as I closed the door behind me.

"WELCOME BACK SWEETIE, I MADE YOUR FAVOURITE FOR DINNER" he said as he put the plates on the table.

"Thanks for the food" we both said in unison and started eating the food.

"Oh yeah, I had something to tell you dad" I said and he looked at me, paying attention to what I was about to say.

"You know Miya Atsumu, one of the best male setters in Japan?" I asked him and he widened his eyes.

"COULD IT BE THAT YOU'RE DATING HIM???" he asked me, technically yelling to be honest.

"Ew no, you know that I only have a place for you and volleyball in my heart" I told him and he gave me a big smile.

"What about Tobio and your older sister though? They're still your siblings after all" he said, he had a point but I haven't seen my older sister in years and I never saw Kageyama until the intensive training camp.

"I guess? ANYWAYS. Miya Atsumu has offered to teach me a few things, and I was considering about accepting the offer but I wanted to confirm with you first" I said and he put his hand on his chin.

"Well I'm not pretty sure... I honestly feel like you shouldn't" he told me and I could feel all of my dreams crushed.

"Just kidding!!" he said out of nowhere.

"Don't joke around like that!" I told him in response and he started laughing.

"I wouldn't allow myself to keep you from doing something you love a lot. Wherever life takes you, I'll be there for you" he told me and it made me tear up.

"Thanks dad" I said and he gave me a big smile, the two of us finishing our food.

"When are you starting?" he asked me.

"First I have to say yes to the offer, but most likely tomorrow or the day after" I told him and he nodded.

I took out my phone and decided to dial Atsumu as my father started doing the dishes, insisting that he'll do it for me.

The phone had started ringing, I went out to my balcony and felt the wind brushing against my face.

"Hello?" I heard a male say from the other side of the phone.

"Is this Miya Atsumu?" I asked.

"Tsumu!" I heard the other person say.

"Yes?!" a second person replied.

"Someone is calling you!" he said.

"Who?!" Atsumu replied.

"Excuse me, but what's your name?" the other person who was not Atsumu asked me.

"Kageyama, Kageyama (Y/N)" I told him.

"Itachiyama's 'Golden Crow', Kageyama (Y/N)!" I heard him say and then really loud footsteps could be heard

"Yes?" Atsumu, who was now on the phone asked me.

"I accept the offer" I said with determination.

"Great, come meet me after school tomorrow. I'll send you the location in a bit" he told me and I nodded.

"Thanks, goodbye" I said.

"Goodb-" I hanged up before he could say anything else.

The next day...

I went to the location that Atsumu sent me yesterday, it was pretty much a court near a park.

I saw him standing there, a big smirk on his face as he saw me walking closer and closer to him.

"Are you ready for the practice miss? Because I won't be going easy on you" he said and I nodded.

♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤