Signs

(If this story ever gains traction I would love to hear from whoever wants to give advice or point out certain flaws just try not to be a jerk please)

Paya woke up and began doing her morning routine which consisted of eating breakfast and polishing and cleaning the heirloom and statues, she finished as fast as she could and went to go pick up some groceries she shopped around paying no mind to anyone trying her best to hurry she then went to go prepare a small meal just some soup and soft bread, meal in hand she quickened her pace to the inn and to her surprise she saw Link sitting upright staring at the wall and on the counter where she left the apple bits she noticed a few slices were missing and chewed on this made her feel warm and happy, she slowly pulled up her chair as she did yesterday and sat next to Link.

Paya: "M-Master Link h-how are you feeling?" Paya trying her best to get the words out without stammering

Link unmoving just stared at the wall

Paya: "W-well Master L-Link I have prepared some food for you if you wish to eat it" she looked at the hero concerned

To Paya's surprise Link moved his head just enough to face her his usually sky blue eyes and handsome features seemed cold and withered like he had died and was on the verge of giving up

Paya: "O-oh My!" The sudden movement startled Paya and when she saw his face she grew sad

Link opened his mouth and the sight shocked Paya his face seemed lifeless moments ago but here he was moving to her as if reaching out for help but not feeling the energy to do so Paya understood what he was doing and quickly retrieved the soup and bread slowly dipping the spoon in the soup the golden liquid pooling into the spoon as she raised it out she blew on it as it was still hot then she slowly put the end of the spoon in Link's mouth gently feeding him just this much was a challenge because Link didn't move or say anything after opening his mouth so she was forced to close it for him.

Link's Perspective

Link's mind: "My life has been a constant series of battles fighting monsters and fighting Ganon but I never stopped to think what would happen if I lost if I wasn't fast enough or strong enough and this time I found out because of my lack of ability everyone I cared about has died I'm all alone but this Sheika girl Paya she hasn't left me just her being here gives me a small light in the darkness but will that light be enough?"

Normal Perspective

Paya sat there in silence not knowing what to say but she did know what to do she slowly kept feeding Link helping him and not forcing too much after they finished all the food she gently caressed his face just feeling the cold of his face surprised her but she didn't stop she wanted to help the hero in any way she could and it showed how much this meant to him because right as she was about to leave Link was laying down seemingly asleep and right as she tried to pull her hand away Link grabbed her by the wrist and weakly held on.

Link: "Please don't go"

The sudden words spoken by the normally silent hero shocked her but she happily obliged his request and stayed by his side and ended up staying there all night. When morning came Pats slowly rose up rubbing her eyes when she noticed Link was already sitting up looking at her the sight surprised her and made her blush a deep red.

Link: "Good Morning" he said straining to get just those words out speaking wasn't his thing especially now

Paya: "G-Good M-Morning Master Link what are you doing up so early?"

Paya then noticed that he was struggling to stay awake she slowly payed him back down and when he tried to speak again she covered his mouth making him stay quiet after pulling the sheets up to his chin she gently caressed his face helping him back to sleep. She then went back to her house to polish the statues making sure to clean every nook and cranny Impa took notice of her absence and decided to question her about it.

Impa: "Where have you been Paya I've been lonely"

Paya: "G-Grandmother! I-I've been out polishing the statues outside." Paya trying to hide the embarrassment in her voice

Impa: "Paya I'm sure you know a grandmother always knows where her grandchild is I know you've been visiting Link"

Paya gets flustered and says nothing

Impa: "It is a tragedy what happened to the princess and I'm sure losing someone that close to him has taken it's toll and it's more than the poor boy can handle most see him as someone who can do anything but I'm sure he has his limits and this is one. Paya if you continue to go down this path it could be dangerous one misstep and the boy may never recover you must always treat him with utmost care he is wounded and fragile it will take time to heal."

Paya: "I understand grandmother. I feel I have to do this not only because he saved Hyrule but because of who he is he is a kind and gentle man he's always happy to help and I owe him a great debt of gratitude."

With that Impa nodded at Paya and she went up to her room and wrote in her diary her thoughts and feelings and then she continued her day making sure to check in on link every so often he was mostly just asleep and when she saw him awake she would stop and spend time with him until he fell back asleep this routine went on for some time.