Chapter Thirty-One: The Quidditch World Cup

Mulai dari awal

"Because it is wildly known that both of you are... Quidditch enthusiasts and many would assume that you would stay for the after-party. We cannot give anyone any reason to assume that I am a Death Eater once more."

Elysian could see the logic in such a move but that didn't mean she would have to enjoy it.

Gently, they each held a corner of the parchment and soon their senses were assaulted by the pull and push of the portkey. It was the strangest sensation Elysian had ever felt as she was thrown from side to side, up and down, left and right as her insides twisted and turned. She was stretched and flattened all at once, widened and shortened but she felt no pain.

Finally, the sensations stopped and she floated down onto the ground alongside Draco and Narcissa. They were right in the middle of a gigantic camping ground with hundreds of people scattered around them. Lucius, however, didn't pay anyone any attention and instead ushered them all towards the stadium that was about three times the size of the school pitch. It was magnificent.

"Wait here for a few minutes, children, Narcissa and I shall be only a moment," said Lucius.

Draco watched his parents leave before turning to Elysian and motioning for them to leave too.

"I'll stay here, thank you," said Elysian, softly. "I'd rather not risk running into my parents or brother anytime soon."

"Suit yourself."

Elysian remained by the entrance for a few more minutes until she spotted someone coming towards her. Instantly she knew who this person was, Draco had hundreds of posters of him in his bedroom. Viktor was a tall, thin, sallow young man with dark hair and eyes. He had a large, curved nose that he inherited from his father, a sharp profile, thick, black eyebrows. Despite appearing graceful while flying on a broomstick, he was round-shouldered and duck-footed while on the ground.

He was walking towards her and seemed to be trying to hide under his massive Durmstrang coat as to not attract the attention of on-lookers. When he noticed her staring, he swallowed and assumed that she would jump him like other girls would have attempted. He was mistaken.

"Why not just place a glamour over yourself?" asked Elysian, "it would save you the trouble of having to lug your coat around."

"'Zat vould be a better idea vouldn't it?" said Viktor, his guard dropping. "Are you 'ere for the game?"

"Of course. My guardians are currently off talking and I'm not supposed to move."

"Shame a good-looking girl like you, all alone."

"Says the good-looking Quidditch star, who's also alone," said Elysian with a grin.

"Da," laughed Viktor. "I should enter now."

"Of course, good luck with the match."

Viktor nodded his appreciation before entering the building. It was lucky he did because a few minutes later, a gaggle of girls came barrelling towards her asking about Viktor and where he had gone. Once they were gone, Elysian decided to head inside to wait, the air was becoming a lot colder as the day went on, where she seemed to bump into an invisible force.

A small elf stood to the right of her, looking incredibly panicked, and was quick to grab the air and pull something up the stairs.

"Strange."

~EP~

"...Ah, and here's Lucius!"

Elysian instantly noticed how Harry and Ronald tensed – Hermione took a few seconds to tense as she was trying her best to stop blushing – and spun around. Their eyes locked with Draco's and Elysian's and their faces morphed into looks of anger and embarrassment.