Chapter 20: Accusations

Start from the beginning

She turns around fully to me, walking closer and limiting the distance between us.

"Yea well...I think I'll be just fine. I don't need to be consoled by the Gryffindor whore."

A wave of anger washed through me, and I felt my skin grow cold at her insult.

I outstretched my fingers, trying to release the tension in them of wanting to slap her right across the face.

"I'm not a whore." I respond.

"Never have been... Never will be."

I take a step back , trying to create some more distance between us.

"Maybe instead of slut shaming, you should talk to your fucking boyfriend-"

Angelina then raised her hand, striking me across the face roughly.

I felt a sting stretch across my right cheek, and my head was turned slightly to the side from the impact.

I quickly gripped onto my cheek, trying to alleviate some of the stinging.

She takes a step back, and cups her hands over her mouth.

"Oh my....I'm so sorry." She whispers.

Tears well in my eyes from the sting, and I just stare to the side in shock.

Angelina walks closer to me once again, reaching her arm out in aid to help me.

"Callie, I'm so sorry. I don't know what came over me." She apologizes.

I smile through the pain, trying to let her know that I was okay.

She grabbed my other hand, and walked me over to the sink, grabbing a paper towel and wetting it with cold water, and then gently pressing it to my cheek.

"Now I know why you play quidditch." I laugh.

She laughs too, flashing me apologetic eyes.

"I shouldn't have hit you-"

"It's fine Angelina. We all do dumb stuff when we get mad. I get it." I interrupt.

...

" You're not a whore either, I was just really mad in the moment and said the first thing that I knew would make you upset." She says.

I nod, smiling to her.

"we both said things we didn't mean." I reassure.

She then pulls me into a firm hug, gripping her arms around my shoulders.

I hug back , taking the cool towel away from my face.

She pulls away, and glares at the red mark from her slap.

"I'm gonna break up with him." She says.

I nod.

"You deserve way better Ang. Really." I comfort.

"And I'm really sorry this all even happened. I never meant for you to get hurt, I didn't even know Fred-"

"It's really fine Callie. Fred will be Fred. Doesn't stick to one girl for too long anyway." She says.

I laugh awkwardly.

"But you really do deserve better. And I hope you find it"

"I will," She says proudly.

"You will.
I reassure.

She nods to me once again, and offers to walk back to the great hall together. I accept her offer, and we both make our way back to breakfast, changing the topic of conversation as we get there.