To be honest, I'm still getting bewildered whenever she calls me that but I just let it pass because she must be longing to call someone as her mother. Maybe once she is relieved and better, everything will be back to normal.

"Well, about the bullies..." Mentioning them already made Hwayoung frown. "Were you always bullied by those girls?" I asked slowly, trying not to frighten her, as I wrap her with the blanket.

All she did was to nod slowly and it angered me to know that. It only means that Hwayoung often experience bullying, and I think that Mr. Kim does not know anything about it.

"Have you told your dad about it?" I asked.

"No..." She mumbled. "Daddy is always busy and tired. I don't want to make him angry." She reasoned out and I just sighed as I nod. "Thank you for protecting me, mommy... I love you."

It made me stiff after hearing the last sentences she said before dozing back to sleep. My heartbeat became unstable as those words kept on repeating in my head. Why would she say that, knowing I'm not really her mother? Is she just at the state of trauma? Maybe she's just craving for a mother's love and care? To be honest, I don't really know how to react with her remarks since the first time she called me that, but I just tried to understand her situation than stopping her. Also, I'm surprised that Mr. Kim didn't give much violent reaction after hearing her call me that. It's weird, really strange. Is he alright hearing his daughter call his secretary as her mother? Like, if I'm him, I would freak out and feel embarrassed or something. Oh well, everyone is different.

All throughout Hwayoung's sleep, I'm just hugging her while slightly swaying my body as I hum softly. She sleeps so peacefully, and I suddenly miss being cradled by my mother when I was still a child. It was like being covered by the softest blanket while feeling the warmth of her embrace, and the serenity of her lullaby. Is that what she's feeling at the moment? Does she ever felt this way? Actually, thinking of not having a mother already hurts. I'm just really thankful and grateful that my parents adopted me, and gave me the best life I could have. However, I was startled from tranquility when the door of Mr. Kim's office suddenly opened.

"How is she?" He asked worriedly as he sat on the couch across mine.

"She's been sleeping since you left, Mr. Kim. By the way, how did the meeting go?" I asked politely.

"It went well. But there are still some improvements to make in the marketing strategies to increase the sales of our product." He informed so I just hummed in return.

At the same time, Hwayoung started to shift from her sleep. The moment her eyes opened, a smile appeared on her face and then she hugs me around the neck.

"I just had a nice dream about going to the park with you, mommy." She initiated as I was still surprised at what she called me. "You and Daddy were having a picnic date, then we went to the playground to ride the swing!" She added and it widen our eyes, both me and Mr. Kim, at what she said.

"A picnic w-what?" Mr. Kim repeated, looking all surprised and blushing, while I just looked away as I feel heat rushing around my face.

"A picnic date, daddy!" She giggled, pulling away from the hug and sitting comfortably on my lap.

"You sure are a creative dreamer, huh?" I joked while laughing nervously but she stared at me with her serious yet innocent eyes.

"But you and daddy were even cuddl—"

"Hwayoung, stop that this instance." Mr. Kim suddenly warned with his stern voice, but the redness of his face was still evident.

"S-Sorry, daddy..." Hwayoung mumbled and suddenly snuggled herself back in my arms.