"THIS IS AN UNEXPLORED REGION. LET'S GO BACK. WHY DON'T WE EXPLORE THE CURRENT AREAS FOR NOW?" tokitou's voice rang out as the surroundings began to get dimmer, and tanjiro automatically was diverted by wind or some shit, towards the mapped areas. he had to thank the small creature for disrupting his undesirable thoughts, but before he could do that, the two of them spotted a familiar figure in green, running below them. the travel companions looked at each other, and without the need to utter a word, they agreed upon the action of pursuit.

"you there! weren't you the person with the dragon?" tokitou called out, pointing a finger at the figure, whose back was turned to them. slowly, said person began to slowly turn towards them, revealing massive honkers, the clothes she wore struggling to keep them in check.

"oh, hello..." the girl (?) stated shyly, sinking back as if to bury her face behind her pink and green braids. she had a hand to her cheek, her face naturally blushy. she glanced back and forth from the floor to tanjiro, then tanjiro to the floor. "what business do you have with me?"

"we've met each other before, haven't we?"

"hm??? oh, yes, i remember you scared my demon friend away... that was a little mean of you but i'll forgive you because you look like a nice kid. and you're cute, hehe..."

tanjiro spared tokitou a sideglance. the look of absolute confusion on the creature's face was enough to tell tanjiro something was wrong, yet when he questioned it, the creature shook his head and made no attempt to explain it to him. so the redhead left it be, deciding to talk to the girl.

"so what's your name?"

"it's mitsuru*. i mean, mitsuri~"

"... you." tokitou came out of the shadows. "you. you, you, aren't you-- aren't you supposed to be a..."

mitsuri smiled.

"a..."

mitsuri was still smiling.

"supposed to be a..."

mitsuri's smile was still there.

"... you know what, nevermind. this is tanjiro, a traveller. i'm tokitou. his tour guide."

"hehe~ ok, now let's go save my demon friend from the evil mages! look at this tear, traveller. it's red. so agony, much sad."

"i have that too!" tanjiro pulled out the red crystal he picked up from the forest the other day and showed it to mitsuri.

"i see... meet me here, 12am. we'll be stealing the heavenly lyre from the church since i know that's one thing that can cure my demon friend's current affliction."

"why don't we try asking nicely first? you know... like borrowing."

"no, that's not going to work, unfortunately... so hehe yes we steal!"

that was definitely not me skipping the writing.

so anyways, electro cicin mage stole the lyre and tanjiro was labelled a thief.

as soon as they entered the tavern, an ordinary-looking bartender greeted them.

"hello there. what can i get you?"

"oh, it's fine, we would just like a seat somewhere..." kanroji trailed off, spotting a man in heavy coats by the side of the counter. he had an air of authority about him, as if he owned the place.

turns out he actually did.

"there's a table on the second floor that's well hidden by the darkness at this time of the evening. you may proceed to claim it for yourselves... if a drunk hasn't already done so."

"thank you, sir." kanroji expressed her gratitude and ushered tanjiro towards the flight of stairs. as soon as the two of then crouched in their wooden stools, the door to the tavern opened and in came two knights dressed in full armor. they approached the tavern's owner, and by the looks of things, they were questioning him about "strange people" who may or may not have dropped by.

"i haven't seen anyone come in except the regular customers. if that's all, leave."

"damn," tokitou thought. "this guy's antisocial attitude makes him look cooler than he actually is."

as the knights left, the bartender shot the owner a puzzled look, to which the latter simply waved his hand at. as kanroji and tanjiro descended from the second floor, the owner crossed his arms. "so... i'm housing thieves in my tavern?"

"no! it's a misunderstanding."

「you explained everything to the tavern owner」

"i see. well... i, giyuu tomioka, shall help you. the only reason being you aren't the knights."

ok idk i've become way too lazy to continue so i decided to specifically end it there lol, anyways, just checking around for people. y'all still alive? very nice. i've been consumed by this game lately so should i make a textposts book for it too??? asking that question was literally the only reason i made this chapter lmaaao

note i forgot to add:

*mitsuru is a boy's name in japan. so yes. when mitsuri corrected her(?)self, well...