'Chapter' One

'Hi!! This is my first mini story! Idk what to say but constructive criticism is very welcome! Okay thanks!' -Kat
      Maeve cursed every higher power she could think of. It was just her luck that anything that could go wrong would go wrong, she thought bitterly as she scaled the grey brick wall of Kil's apartment building. "Quick! The She-Demon travels fast!" Great, now she had an entire tracker gang after her. She yelped as she lost her footing entirely and was suddenly hanging off some random windowsill by a few gloved fingers. Abruptly Kil's face appeared above her smirking. "Making quite a racket aren't you Spider," he teased with a knowing look. Maeve muttered a few colourful curse words in Irish, "Just let me up you big ox," she hissed. "If you insist," Kil pulled her up, probably banging up her arm along the way. Oh well, she had more important things on her mind. As she was shaking out her bruised arms she could feel Kil's eyes on the back of her head. "What?" She snapped, whirling around to meet his dark eyes, quite a contrast to her own light hazel ones. In fact, nearly everything about them was a contrast. Kil was dark skinned with bright eyes and long, unruly curly hair. He was lanky and didn't look nearly as strong as he was. Meanwhile, Maeve had flaming red and remarkably frizzy hair that went down just past her shoulders. Her baby sister had always teased her for being 'paler than the moon' and covered in freckles, not to mention the fact that she was annoyingly toned thanks to childhood gymnastics. "I'm wondering what made you scamper back to my home in the dead of night-" Maeve rolled her eyes so hard you could have seen all the whites, "And," He said glaring at her, "Exposing my current home to an entire tracker gang." Maeve hadn't quite figured out Kil's whole mysterious thing yet. Kil was obviously a nickname, and the only time she had asked him about it all he said was "All you need to know little spider, is that you work for Kil Abebe." Kil insisted calling her little spider which was, besides infuriating, a reminder of her place in the gang, and now here he was insisting his location was the most valuable information that a tracker could have. Not that he was wrong. "I got your cac," she snarled at him, dumping a bag full of god knows what on his scratched oak table. " At least you didn't fail completely," He said grinning, his bitter mood gone in an instant. Kil was like that, 'his emotions had no filter and changed like the wind,' Maeve's mother would have said. Kil reached into the sack and pulled out a syringe filled with clear liquid, grinning. "Um, what is that, Kil," Maeve demanded, edging away from the syringe. "Morphine," the boy replied dismissively. Noticing Maeve's wary and cautious expression he added "Don't worry it's for the mediks not the gang." Maeve relaxed a little. "Finally doing a good deed Abebe," She teased. The word Abebe tasted foreign on her Irish tongue. All she knew about the name was that it was Ethiopian originated, and she had paid a high price just to find that out. "It pays well," Kil replied shortly, wiping the smirk off Maeve's face. "Found you Abebe," came a deep, raspy voice from the shadows, the same voice Maeve had heard shouting on the way here. Trackers.