good for you - fem!reader

Beginne am Anfang

taking a deep breath, you walked into the room.

"y/n!" your dad greeted you. "what are you doing here?"

"i'm here to take you home," you told him, giving him a small smile. "how are you doing, dad?"

"my head fucking hurts." he grumbled, causing you to laugh a little. "how are you?"

"i'm okay, i came here as soon as i got back from my case." you explained.

"did you get the guy?" he asked. you smiled. despite all your troubles with him over the years, your dad always took an interest in your work.

"yeah, but we lost a couple of victims before we found him," you said sadly.

"that's alright," your dad told you. "at least there's one less bad guy in the world."

"yeah," you exhaled. "i guess so."

just then, the nurse came back with the discharged papers. you thanked her and began filling them out as your dad changed and gathered his belongings. when he was cleared to leave, you both made your way out to the car.

as you started driving, you went through the directions to the rehab center in your head. you had memorized them on the drive there so he wouldn't know where you were going and get pissed. the last thing you needed was for him to grab the steering wheel and drive off a cliff.

you merged onto the highway, going in the opposite direction of his house.

"this isn't the way home, y/n." he pointed out.

"i know," you told him. "i wanna go for a drive so we can catch up." that wasn't technically a lie, you did want to catch up with him.

"okay," he sighed, leaning back into the seat. "how's the team?"

"they're good," you said. you had told your dad a bit about the bau and its members when you first started working.

"and how's spencer?" he asked, smirking. even though he wasn't a profiler himself, he picked up on the crush you had on your best friend simply on how happy you got when you talked about him.

"dad," you sighed. "he's fine, he's still my best friend."

"and you want to be more?" he asked.

"i don't know," you groaned. okay, that was a lie. you did want to be something more, but you weren't going to ruin your friendship with boy genius. and you would never tell your dad that, he's not the kind of guy who should be giving relationship advice.

he dropped the topic, instead choosing to fall asleep. you were glad, you really didn't want to keep talking in case you accidentally said the wrong thing to him.

the phone rang an hour later, but you were too deep in thought to hear it.

"spencer's calling." your dad said, pointing to the screen in your car.

"oh," you said, answering the call. "hey, spence."

"hey, y/n," he greeted hesitantly. "where are you?"

"i'm with my dad," you told him. "we're going for a...drive." you hoped spencer picked up on what that pause meant, so he wouldn't ask questions.

"oh, hi mr. y/l/n," he responded.

"hello," your dad said, smiling at you. you rolled your eyes.

"spence, do we have another case?" you asked.

"no, just wanted to make sure you were okay." he said.

"i'm fine, spencer," you told him. you noticed that you were almost at the rehab center. "listen, can i call you when i get home?"