vingt sept

chapter twenty seven - the book

a/n: i made a hxh reference here, comment when u see it! Omg this chapter yall i hope u enjoy I was crying when I wrote it

a/n: i made a hxh reference here, comment when u see it! Omg this chapter yall i hope u enjoy I was crying when I wrote it. This book is almost over fhfnjgkgjg I love u guys so much. i'm so thankful for all of your support. i'm so sad this is gonna end soon :,) but it's been a wild ride and this is one of the last few chapters. man it felt so long but only like 27 chaps so far. i love all of you so much. get a blanky and enjoy the show.
-

the spot. mike had a feeling he knew, but will didn't specify. he must be back in hawkins now, mike thought. and he smiled to himself, fiddling with his fingers. all night, for the rest of Christmas, he read will's book. when he'd finished reading it, he'd read it again. sometimes, a tear would run down his cheek and he'd wipe it away, forgetting it was there. nancy would smile like an idiot, for she knew what was happening.

New Year's Eve couldn't have been a longer wait. for the first time, mike was in a rush to see the end of the holiday season. the weather was cold, brisk, and the air had an unpleasant chill. mike had loved it. he'd been suited for the cold. he remembered something about will.

he was a heavy sleeper. he could be having the worst nightmare of his life, or mike would shake him awake, but he'd never budge. he also had lots of dreams, whether they were about mike or any of their friends— unicorns and butterflies or demons from hell, you couldn't jolt will awake no matter what. mike hoped that will could still sleep so soundly, he wanted nothing more than that for will.

he wondered if will's hair was the same. if he was still shorter than him. the latter question was most likely a yes. he wondered, most of all, if will had found love. and he wondered if it were a boy or a girl. even now, neither mike nor will gave much thought to their sexualities, they liked people who could understand them. mike realized that he didn't really care much about gender— will seemed to feel only emotional connections to other boys. either way, mike thought, i am attracted to dudes...

yeah, mike just didn't care, period. he shrugged. he found himself reading will's book again in the old basement where he and el used to have hour long conversations, either about nonsense or will. mike remembered, all those years ago, when el so deviously tricked him into thinking will was a jealous fiend. he laughed to himself. people do change, don't they? now he'd see her again. now he'd see eleven. now he'd see the two boys that were his best friends for years. and the redhead who beautifully intruded on their lives. and, of course, will.

-

8:51. december 31st, 1993.

mike wore a dark fleece coat and a checkered red scarf. his hair messy and curled up at random sections.