Chapter Sixty-Eight

Start from the beginning

"I understand that Theodore Nott is a good friend to you both – a close friend... but we can't take any chances... and I can't bear to see her heartbroken."

To do this, Roman thought, he would be breaking the trust he, Carina, and Theodore have built since the beginning. But seeing Sirius' tired and desperate eyes –

Roman got up from his seat and went upstairs, leaving Sirius in his seat. The man sighed in disappointment.

The following day, Sirius helped Mr. and Mrs. Weasley with preparing the children for their departure. He joined them in the Ministry cars, making sure to be close to Carina as he wouldn't see her until the holidays. He would glance at Roman's way, hoping that the boy would reconsider. When they arrived at King's Cross, the family was greeted by Aurors who wore Muggle clothes, they escorted them through the station until they came to Platform 9 ¾. Before they boarded the train, Sirius went to give Harry, Maisie, and Carina an embrace as a goodbye.

"You'll be fine," Sirius whispered to Harry.

When it was Maisie's turn, he told her the reasons to why Charity couldn't come – safety reasons – and she understood. And when it was Carina, Sirius hugged her a bit longer. He made sure to memorize how it felt having her in his arms, the feel of her soft locks when he would brush his fingers through it, how tall she has grown, and the sweet scent of hyacinths.

"I love you," Sirius whispered to her.

"I love you too," Carina smiled.

Sirius then cupped his daughter's cheeks and pressed a tender kiss on her forehead.

"Now, hop you go!" Sirius finally released her.

"Bye, Dad!" Carina called out to him as she got in the train.

Following Carina to the train, Roman stopped at the door and turned to Sirius. Sirius saw the look at the boy's gaze and then nodded at his way. Roman too did the same before joining Carina and the others. When Hogwarts Express started to move, Sirius followed after it, keeping his eyes on Carina and Harry as they made their way inside, he only stopped when it was the end of the pavement and the tail of the trail have gone. He let out a breath that he didn't know he has been holding since they got in King's Cross.

As much as he wanted to be there to protect his daughter from any harm and pain, he knew he needed to pass on the duty to someone else now. And right now, as he was miles and miles away, all he could do was worry and hope that Carina would be all right.

~*~

After Hogwarts Express left the station, Hermione and Ron separated themselves from Harry, Carina, and Roman to meet with the other Prefects, and Ginny went to meet Dean – to Harry's disappointment. Carina didn't miss Harry's sudden disappointment when Ginny went to her boyfriend, she and Roman caught it and just thought of a way to make their ride to Hogwarts interesting just by pestering Harry Potter's little – and evident – infatuation towards Ginny Weasley.

"Is that jealousy I smell, Carina?" Roman started.

Harry turned to Carina and Roman, he sighed when he saw the twinkle of mischief in their eyes.

"I guess it is, Roman..." Carina smirked, "I wonder where it's from..."

"Hey, I think it's coming from our dear friend, Harry," Roman smirked.

They both towered over Harry.

"Jealous that Ginny's off to see Dean?" Roman teased.

"Piss off," Harry told them. "And don't you have a boyfriend to look for yourself?"