Untitled, 2017: Museum's Oeuvre.

Start from the beginning

The entrance of the museum seems uncrowded, the guards are eyeing them while smiling which they did the same. One of the guards approach the two guys.

"Hyunsuk! Jihoon! It's been a long time since the last time I saw the both of you here, how are you?" The guard with a mole on his right cheek smiled at them. Hyunsuk's eyes lightened as he taps the guard's shoulder.

"We're good, Mr. Lee. Actually, we're here to see the museum before the management destroy it next month, might as well say goodbye, I guess?" Hyunsuk scratches his nape while smiling shyly at the guard, which gave him a meaningful smile.

"I'm glad I witnessed the both of you grew together," the guard looks at Jihoon while smiling still. "I hope the best for the both of you, and seems like you already achieved your dreams? Mr. CEO?"

Jihoon laughed at him before gazing at the older guy. "Yeah, we did. Seperately."

Mr. Lee's smile fades as he observed how Jihoon's smiles at Hyunsuk with sadness can be seen in his orbs. The guard smiled at Jihoon before tapping his shoulder, letting him know that he's there for the younger. "You did well all these years, Jihoon."

"Thank you, Mr. Lee. I'll go first, I'll ask something to the counter, I'll wait for you there, hyung." Jihoon said while tapping the guard's back before looking at Hyunsuk. He walks his way to the counter as Hyunsuk smiled at his fading back.

"I never thought the both of you will go in your respective lives seperately. I mean, you were inseparable since high school. I saw the both of you grew older beside one another, I'm curious but I won't ask. I'm happy for the both of you, Hyunsuk-ah." Mr. Lee looks at the younger with saddened eyes, but Hyunsuk kept the genuine smile on his lips.

"Neither I," he looks at the direction Jihoon took earlier. "Everything has changed, Mr. Lee."

"He's a good guy," The statement made the younger look at the older guy. "Last week, he came here to ask the management to extend the visiting hours."

Last week? Hyunsuk thought.

"I heard that he really wanted someone to see the museum with him before they close this next month. So, I thought it would be you, and I was right." The guard pats Hyunsuk's head softly. "He knows exactly how to make you happy, right?"

The younger one froze when he heard the old man's words. He heard last week that early this week, the museum will be closed permanently and he was really sad. But when Jihoon asked him to visit the place, he was really confused. So that's why the visiting hours were extended? Jihoon asked for it?

"He never failed to visit this place ever since he got the job from the entertainment near here," the old man happily stated as he looks at Jihoon's back. "He always visits this place alone, after his work hours."

The younger's heart somehow felt a little sting. Jihoon never failed to visit their favorite place since they were teens, how can his heart not stung with that?

He's still being the good guy he always is. Hyunsuk mumbled in his head.

"Ah, have you heard the rumors about Jihoon?"

Hyunsuk's forehead automatically creased as he darted his gaze at the old man. "Rumors?"

"Oh, you haven't?" Mr. Lee's eyes widened at the younger's reaction. "It was all over the news, and I guess it didn't reach you since you weren't here."

"Huh?" Hyunsuk asked, fiddling his fingers out of nowhere.

"He beat up a guy from their entertainment, a stockholder to be exact. The stockholder was accused to be planning an assault to Jihoon's one of closest friends out of envy because Jihoon was chosen to be the CEO," the old man look for the newspaper from the guard house, as he found it, he let the younger guy see it.