Chapter 3

The business of the bookstore is the same as usual.

All morning, there was not a single customer.

Ling Ping'an laid down on the counter and slept all morning.

When he woke up, he realized that it was already two o'clock in the afternoon.

"Another boring and dull day!" He rubbed his temple, opened the drawer of the counter, and saw a delicate knife and a bag of things beside it.

"It doesn't seem to be tea?" Ling Ping'an picked it up, put it in front of him, and looked at it carefully.

I put it away without looking at it carefully last night.

Only now did I find that what was in the bag was not tea at all.

Seems to be the leaves of some kind of plant?

Out of curiosity, Ling Ping'an poured out a piece, held it in his hand, and observed it.

"it's strange." The leaves in the hands have a very special structure. from the outside, it seems that they are a kind of plant leaves with many jagged edges that have been dried and baked.

It looks dry and shrunken, but it has a lot of texture when holding it.

Even Ling Ping'an can feel a little temperature in the withered leaves.

He carefully used his fingers to break open the curled-up leaves, and an attractive fragrance immediately came to his nostrils.

"some kind of spice?" Ling Ping'an put the leaf back in the bag.

After all, it's someone else's stuff, and he doesn't want to break it.

What if he has to pay for it?

...

The sun sets in the west.

Night is coming.

Unlike during the day, the world at night is more dangerous.

After the cataclysm, half of the world's population became monsters and evil spirits.

This makes the night a human nightmare.

Except for the safety zone, other areas are red and dangerous at night.

Sometimes, some areas even turn into extremely dangerous crimson or black, which symbolizes disaster.

According to standards issued by the Joint National Security Organization.

The level of security around the world is classified as very safe (dark green), safe (green), dangerous (light red), extremely dangerous (crimson), disaster (black), and the highest level of depravity (dark black).

Donglin City is a dangerous area.

(T/N: Changed from East Linn city to Donglin city)

With the exception of the security zone, all other areas are danger zones, and civilians are prohibited from entering.

At night, the danger level in most areas will be raised.

Even the army and hunters are easily afraid to haunt dangerous areas late at night.

Because, at night, the power and activity of ghosts and evil spirits will be greatly enhanced.

Moreover, those low-level ghosts and evil spirits who are suppressed by the sun and dare not appear during the day will appear in droves.

But Han Li sat on the roof of the East side, which was clearly marked as extremely dangerous.

A pair of slender and well-built legs, dangling on the roof balcony of more than 20 stories high.