new years morning!

the cold air of an early winter's morning rest upon nick's arm. goose bumps protecting his skin as the only source of warmth was stolen from him.

he let out a yawn as he turned on his side, sleepy eyes meeting closed ones in shock. the pair he stared at seemed to belong to his best friend, jack.

now, nick was all for cuddling up for the night with his friends, thats what everyone knew him for anyways.. for being the affectionate, loveable one. but, this was jack.

the person who instead of making them blush in embarrassment of his flirting or touch, was right next to him. jack always seemed to make him heat up just looking at his gorgeous smile alone.

this man stole his heart and his blanket! the audacity! but he just has to look oh so lovely as he calmly sleeps, only lightly breathing as he curls up on himself, a small smile on his face as he rests.

how had they gotten there in the first place? honestly, nick had no idea himself because jack seemed to mutter absolute nothingness and the man himself just seemed to nod and agree to whatever this beautiful man had said. i mean, who was he to deny jack? and this offer in specific.

perhaps it was something about it being too cold at night. 'honestly, what a hypocrite!' nick thought as he slowly reached out to grab the blanket that jack now held to his face.

but his movements were not as soft as he thought, it seemed, when jack opened his eyes to see.. was nick about to stroke his cheek was it?

both of their faces turned bright pink as they made eye contact, dark brown eyes meeting blue. silence, other than the pounding hearts they swore the other friend could hear.

jack just smiled, leaning into his hand as his eyes fluttered shut as he stilled again. nick trailed his finger down and upwards jack cheek, both of them unaddressing it but most definitely enjoying the feeling.

"good morning, nick." the other breathed out in a low, almost tired whisper, "i see you're first..thats new."

"oh don't tease me too much, jackie, it's just you waking up too early. you remind me of my grandma!" nick shot back, sending them both into chuckles.

"well, i'd hope you don't get this intimate with your grandma, now.." jack seemed to purr, this sending a chill down his friend's spine in embarrassment.

"..but you couldn't exactly blame me if i was. if she was as pretty as you, that is."

"hm," jack thought for a moment in amusement, "now it seems you're holding me to the standards of your grandma. only barely touching me when if you thought i was actually pretty, you would have kissed me breathless already."

"jack!" both of nick's hands rushed to cover his face to hide his very obvious flushedness. his bedmate only seemed to giggle in return, lightly exaggerating his sigh in feigned disappointment.

"ah, i see how it is. you're too embarrassed to even look at me!" he cried out, he hid in the blankets at once. "there nick you won't have to hid anymore."

"nooo! jackie! come on out, i'm just messing with you! i'll look at your face." he rolled his eyes at the words, but they seem to 'work' anyways.

"promise?"

"i promise."

"alright.." jack peeked out of the blanket with a grin, "why hello there."

"hi, cutie. how did you sleep?" as if on cue, both of them yawned, even stretched out as they poked one another.

"well it definitely could've been better. i mean, whats the point of sleeping in a bed with someone if they won't even cuddle."

"whoa whoa there, i know you're used to being a little spoon, but here in my bed, we're too shy to lay a hand on jack."