xi. around the world

Start from the beginning

          "So, what did you want to talk about?" Rosalie questioned.

          The pair were seated in front of each other, cups of chamomile tea sending wisps of steam in front of their faces. Rosalie leaned her elbows on the counter, placing her hand on the distressed Original's. She could tell that Rebekah was feeling slightly bashful, but distressed all the same. Their gazes met; the brunette understanding, and the blonde hurt.

          "Why..." Rebekah exhaled slowly, looking at the mug of brownish liquid by her arm. "Why are brothers such a pain in the arse?"

          Rosalie smiled softly in understanding, somehow already knowing which brother Rebekah was talking about. "Is this about Nik?"

        The blonde buried her face in her hands, sighing deeply. All the stress about her pompous sibling was giving her a migraineㅡthat was saying a lot, considering the state of her vampirism. She nodded and looked at the brunette once more.

          "Have you talked to him about how you feel?"

          Rebekah wanted to roll her eyes at the mere idea of having a sane conversation regarding her happiness with him. He was so stubborn, and it didn't help that her psychotic brother had an ego the size of Russia. It was heartbreaking, knowing that Klaus didn't care for her as much as she cared for him. They'd been traveling around the world for centuries. She was with him through thick and thin, supporting all the questionable beliefs he stood by; and when she dared to go against him in pursuit of her own happiness, she was impaled with a dagger. Literally. "That moronic wanker never listens to what I have to say!" Rebekah snorted.

          The Monet was about to comment on the lack of communication between the Mikaelson siblings when the blonde Original suddenly burst, back straightening and expression uplifting.

          "Could give him a good wallop for me?"

          Silence permeated the air as Rosalie stared at her in surprise. The blonde vampire knew that her narcissistic brother could never resist the brunette, if Rosalie asked him to stand still he'd probably turn into a rock. He always seemed to listen to the unknowing girl, no matter how dire the circumstances wereㅡRebekah had witnessed it for centuries.

          "Iㅡwait, what?" She blinked. It was strange to say the least. Rosalie frowned, "What on earth is a wallop?"

        Rebekah threw her head back, laughing at her lost expression. The snorting blonde made a whacking gesture in the air, prompting a laugh to escape Rosalie as well.

         Quietude blanketed them once their chuckles faded. Rebekah wanted to...she didn't even know what she wanted to do as a result of frustration at the moment. She couldn't tell her about their historyㅡRosalie probably wouldn't even believe her if she did. It became apparent to the Original that her aggravation had lessened since conversing with the Monet. Her brother was annoying, but at least she had a kind friend to talk to.

          "Thank you, Rosalie." Rebekah smiled, taking a sip of the tea. It was calming, the warm liquid trickling down her throat soothed her nerves better than alcohol.

          Rosalie tilted her head slightly. "For what?"

          "For being a great friend."

          Golden eyes softened at the sentiment as Rosalie's heart warmed. They shared a smile that seemed to promise the well-being of everything, that they would have each other's back.