Chapter 19: The Letter

Começar do início

I didn't say anything.

A few moments pass by, as I wait for a reaction from George.

His scornful look suddenly formed into a small smile, which I could tell he was trying to hold back.
Then, he broke out into a big fit of laughter.

I sat there watching him, dumbfounded.

George grabbed his abs, tossing his head back down into my lap and looking up at me.

When he had finally calmed down a bit, he glanced up to me.
"Ah, I love you." He sighed.

I let out one small chuckle.
"I love you too, but, why are you laughing?" I questioned.

He sighed heavily again.
"It's just funny I guess." He said.

I furrowed my brow down to him.
"What's funny?" I ask.

He inhaled,
"Our whole life, Fred's always been the ladies man. He's gotten all the girls, all the dates, all the sex. It's just funny that the one girl I get, the one I love, he wants too." He says.

I smile, running my hand through his hair.
"Well you don't have to worry about anything. I love you." I say.

George brings his hand up, running my curls behind my ear.

"I know....and I'm not worried." He says.

I lean down, bringing my knees up slightly to release some distance between us.
I place my lips into his, and he cups the back of my head with his hand.

"Good." I reassure.

George really did have me wrapped around his finger, and I did the same for him.
There was nothing that I could even remotely think of that could break us up....not now.

We spent a few more hours sitting in the astronomy tower, and then we joined everyone else in the great hall for dinner service.
When we walked in, the first person I noticed was Angelina, who was sitting by herself towards the end of the table.
I automatically made my way over to her, leaning down to speak with her.

"Come sit with us Ang." I say.

She looked up to me with a bright smile.

"Thanks Callie, but I think it'll be awkward without Fred there." She responded.

I playfully scoff, and toss my hand toward her.

"Oh come on, you're not just Fred's girlfriend. You're Angelina...and we all love you, so please come sit with us." I plead.
I turned my head and narrowed my eyes to her.

She smiled and nodded, standing up and joining me over to the  rest of the group.

I took a seat next to George, who lovingly threw his arm around me and looked over to Angelina.

"Hey Angelina." He says.

She looked over to him, giving him the same cheeky smile she had given me.

"Hey George. Heard anything from Fred?" She questions.

He nodded his head.
"Yea, he wrote me this morning."