Prologue

A/N: I have my old account back! If you want to read or continue reading this story please go and check it at hailomiii I was contemplating kung hayaan ko nalang dito iyong story but ended deciding na doon nalang. Marami rin kasi ako draft don so yon hahahahaha

Thank you and happy reading!

_____

"Is this what you want? For another tragedy to happen? I worked so hard to maintain everything peaceful!" Her Majesty furious voice echoed through the room. Her breath was ragged, her fist clenched tight and her glare are as sharp as knives.

"You are wrong, this is not the kind of peace that the kingdom needed! You are restraining them to seek freedom!" I couldn't restrain myself from talking back anymore. And I know that my glares are as sharp as hers.

"How dare you! I had sacrificed many things in order to achieve where we are now and this is how you repay me?" I can feel it, If she wasn't injured right now, she might have hurt me already.

"What I am doing is the right thing to do. I'm sorry..."

_____

Screams...

Cries...

The endless agony of the people...

Everyone is running to save their lives.

Everyone who believed in me are in pain.

"Is this what you really want?" she looked at me with sadness in her eyes.

"Pointing swords at me? A princess of the royal family. You all know that is treason." I said calmly, trying to masked my fear and exhaustion.

The sound of swords as they cut through the air and to the flesh of the livings.

How could they let this happen?

How could they do this?

"Maybe you should have thought of that before going against Her Majesty." In an instant, the sadness in her eyes was replaced by hatred. "I can't believe I listened to you. Now look at what you brought! Everything is your fault, if you just obey her majesty none of this would happen!"

But everything was wrong from the start.

I did what has to be done...

But I didn't know it would result to this.

Maybe...

I should have just stayed quiet.

She grabbed my hair and whispered. "Now watch them. Watch the people who you promised freedom."

Tears are flowing down to my cheeks as I witness how the knights took the lives of the innocent people who share the same dream with me.

Blood...

The pain...

All their dreams coming to end.

"Stop please! They are innocent people, please let them live!" I plead to her.

"Innocent? When they joined you, they have already been recognize as traitors. And there is no such things as an innocent traitor."

I couldn't speak anymore.

All I could do was cry in sorrow.

"Would you like to join them now, sister?" Hatred is still evidence in her voice as she say those words.

Where did I go wrong?

"I will not let you tarnish your name any further sister. This is all I can do to stop your pain. I wish you can find peace and freedom along with your people. Now sleep, for all eternity." she smiled at me gently, but I can see the sadness in her eyes as she pulled the sword that has struck me. "Goodbye..."

My body felt limp as I collapsed on the ground.

I stared at the sky quietly...

Life leaving my body slowly.

I can still hear the faint cries of the people.

Is this really the end?

__________

Disclaimers:

This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, places and events are either products of the author's imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.

This story contains grammatical and/or typographical errors.
__________