Chapter one

Chapter one

Ancient Greece was a landmark for the world, expected to provide anything asked of it. All because of its faithul ruler, Hera. The princess had many qualities, she was a legendary leader, and her amazing beauty shone through any darkness.

But one historic day, a devastating flood hit Athens making important crops useless for selling. Houses destroyed, farms ruined, life unrecognisable, all in the one once picturesque city.

Hera pondered about why the horrific flood wasn't affecting her, was Zeus, king of the gods, angry? Did she commit a crime and he'd wanted to leave her unharmed so that she would suffer? But before she could think any more, she found herself gliding gracefully up a tall tower of water,was Poseidon, god of water, guiding her? She didn't want to know...

Up and up she floated, her bare feet skimming the water,until finally, a delightful castle engulfed in wonderous plants and statues suddenly appeared before her, almost as if it was welcoming her to the land of the gods.

"Hera, new goddess and resident of the heavens! Welcome to my humble and secure home." Boomed a great voice without a seen owner.

" Who are you referring to as a goddess?! And who am I refferring to exactly?!" She replied with as much force as she dared.

" I am Zeus! King of the gods and goddesses! But no matter how powerful I am, it would never  compare to your beautiful face and heart."

"I agree, as you completely destroyed my home for no reason!"

"It was the only way Poseidon would agree to bring you to me!"He argued.

But Zeus was startled, no-one had ever insulted him, especially not a woman! He wondered a while and decided Hera's fait with her completely anonymous of his thoughts.

" If you would kindly finish, then I will adress you about my decision of your destiny,so, as you are the first mortal, or immortal to stand up to me, I give you the rare honour to become Hera, goddess of women!"

"I accept the opportunity,but on these strict circumstances," demanded Hera,"humans and immortals will be treated equally, and you will restore Athens to its original state."

Zeus reluctantly agreed, and revealed a large feast of food exactly infront of where Hera was standing.

"Eat the right thing and you are a glorious goddess! But eat the wrong thing and you are not even a human princess."He warned.

Hera thought for no more than ten seconds before taking a small leaf of lettuce and placing it in her mouth.Suddenly, a great storm of applause nearly burst her eardrums as she beheld thousands upon thousands of wellknown and unknown gods and goddesses all shouting "NEW ARRIVAL! NEW ARRIVAL!"But Hera felt like a needle in a haystack, no-one was really interested, she had no home here.