you're sick

The whimpers that fell from your lips time and time again broke Kylie's heart. She moved closer to you and let her hand fall onto your back. Your skin felt clammy against her fingertips and she noticed you tugging the blankets tighter around yourself as you began to shiver.

You wouldn't admit it, but she could see you weren't feeling well. You seemed to be acting off when you got home today but you just told her that you're stomach felt achy and you'd be fine. But as the night went on, you've only felt worse and it's getting more and more difficult to deny that.

"Are you okay?"

It was a stupid question, honestly. Obviously, you weren't. But she was unsure of what to say when you were feeling so unwell.

"No." You confessed.

"Your stomach still sore?"

She went to move her hand to your stomach, but you pushed her hand away.

"It hurts. Please don't touch it."

"Okay." She whispered and kissed the back of your neck lingeringly. "You're warm."

"I feel so sick." You whined. "I don't want to worry you. I just want to sleep. Maybe if I get some rest, I'll feel better."

She knew that wouldn't help much, but she didn't argue. It was the last thing you needed when you felt so terrible. So she just mumbled an 'okay' against your neck and laid a couple of kisses there before pulling back and turning the light off.

She hoped you'd fall asleep. She wanted you to find some relief from the agony you were obviously in. She lied awake because she wanted to be here for you if you began to feel worse. Nothing was said between the two of you. You were trying hard to fall asleep but you felt too uncomfortable to do anything more than to drift into a light slumber; one you'd awake from again and again every ten or so minutes.

She rubbed your back in circles, wordlessly telling you that if you needed anything she was still awake and she was right there with you.

You thought, maybe naively, that you'd fall asleep sooner or later and wake up later feeling better. But that wouldn't be the case and you knew that when your mouth began to water and your stomach started to turn.

You kicked off the blankets and suddenly rushed from the bed and into the bathroom. Kylie was on her feet immediately, following right behind you. She knelt on the floor behind you and held your hair back for you. It broke her heart to see you so sick and so helpless, but she encouraged you and comforted you by whispering sweet words into your ear; reminding you that she was with you as she rubbed your back and told you to let it all out.

It was a long and agonizing few minutes and when you finished, you leaned back onto her. You felt weak and tired, but your stomach was starting to settle and the once unbearable ache was beginning to ease now.

"It's alright." Kylie comforted. "You're okay. I've got you." She said, kissing your head a couple of times. She reached around you and flushed the toilet for you before looking back down at you. "Are you feeling any better? Still feel sick?"

"No. I feel a little better now, but not great."

"You're feverish." She spoke as she pressed her hand onto your forehead then caressed your cheek lovingly. "How about we brush your teeth then go to bed? Maybe you can sleep now that your stomach is empty."

"I hope so." You mumbled and stood on your feet with her help. But your legs were shaky and your body was weak and you nearly fell onto the ground. But thankfully, Kylie was right there and held you up before you fell. Her arms were around your waist, keeping you steady as you went to the sink.

You grabbed your toothbrush and toothpaste and began to brush your teeth. The gross taste lingered on your tongue and you were relieved to finally get rid of it when you brushed it. You rinsed out your mouth and even put a little cool water on your skin, bringing yourself a little relief from the heat you felt.

"You okay?" Kylie whispered softly in your ear.

"I'm exhausted."

"Okay. Let's get you to bed. Don't worry, I'm here and I'll help you."

You leaned onto her as you walked to the bed and then crawled under the covers. She made sure you had some cold water to sip on and a bucket beside the bed in case you got sick again.

"Thanks for taking care of me," you mumbled as she crawled in bed behind you.

"I'll always take care of you, y/n. Don't ever worry about that. Now get some rest. I love you lots and I'll be right here if you need anything."

"Love you, Kylie." You said before you finally started to fall asleep.

She kept an eye on the time and she was relieved to find that you were sleeping soundly for longer than ten minutes like you'd only been able to get before. She kissed your neck lovingly and whispered a soft 'goodnight, baby' against your skin before she laid her head down and started to fall asleep, but she was ready to get up in the blink of an eye if you needed anything.