Chapter 18: Busted pt.2

Start from the beginning

When I walk in, everyone is sitting on their beds.
Ginny is brushing her hair, and Hermione is already snug in her pajamas, sitting against her headboard with her feet out.
They both look to me.

"Hey Callie." Ginny said, stopping the strokes of her hairbrush for a few seconds.

"Hey guys," I respond, walking over to my trunk and pulling out a pair of sweatpants,  a tank top.... and a new pair of underwear.

I quickly slip into my clothes, sitting on top of my bed and looking to Hermione and Ginny.

"So how were things while we were gone?" I question.

Hermione scrunches her nose.
"Quiet, weirdly enough. The energy of the group was just gone." She says.

Ginny nods in agreement.
"Yea, no one really talked all that much."

I frown slightly.
"Nice to know me and George are so important in the friend group." I kid.

Hermione and Ginny both softly giggle at my comment, looking back and forth between each other.

Then, Angelina enters the room, heading straight for her bed.
She glances over at me, but quickly looks away.

That was really weird.
She usually smiled at me, or flashed me a playful and friendly wink, but this time....nothing.
I thought me and her were friends, or at least ok with each other.

"Hey Angelina." I say, waving to her.

She turns to me slowly, and bites her lower lip in a thinking manner.

"Could I talk to you for a minute?" She questions suddenly.

I raise my eyebrows, but nod my head in agreement.
I follow her out onto the spiral staircase, standing across from her, waiting for her to speak.

She looked down to her feet, clearly not wanting to look me in the eyes.

"Is everything ok?" I ask, worried.

She shoots her eyes up to me.
"Is there anything going on between you and Fred? I mean, I know you guys had a thing before...but is there something still there?" She questions suddenly.

My chest flutters in nerves, dumbfounded by her question.

"No, definitely not." I say.
"Why?"

She shakes her head.

"I'm not accusing you of anything, cause I don't think you'd do that. And I also know that you and George really love each other, it's just-" she stops.

I slightly lean forward, raising my eyebrows.

"What is it Angelina?....You can tell me anything, you know that right?" I reassure.

She nods her head slowly.
"Fred said your name when we were...." She started.

I open my eyes widely in shock, and I felt really embarrassed and kind of hurt all a sudden.
I didn't know what to say.
I felt bad for Angelina, and I didn't want her to think I was going after both boys, cause I definitely wasn't.

"I-" I begin.

I truly didn't know what to say.

"I'm really sorry." Is all I conjure up.

Tears begin to well in her eyes, and my heart suddenly brakes for her.

I placed my hand on her shoulder, trying to comfort her as best as I could.

"It's okay." She says.
"I know it's not your fault, but it still hurt you know?"

I pull her into a hug, gripping her tightly as I heard her soft sobs into my shirt.