chapter 2

Monday

8:32 AM

The first years are waiting inside their classroom for longer than they had expected. Megumi is starting to get bored while his two friends busy themselves in talking about the recent baseball match against the Kyoto students. Megumi's injuries from the goodwill event are getting better, all thanks to their resident doctor.

"Isn't sensei a little bit late today?" Yuuji plops back on a chair, putting a hand over his chin.

"A bit?" Nobara presses. "We're waiting for one and a half hours already!"

Megumi only looks at the other two and quietly mutters a "finally they noticed" thought to himself. He flips another page of the book he is currently reading lazily.

"I went to his house last Saturday and he told me he's going to meet us early today," Yuuji complains with a pout. "Fushiguro, why don't you call him?" he suggests.

Megumi turns up his eyes at him for a second, nose still buried in the book. "Let's just wait for a couple of minutes, he'll come for sure."

The classroom door swings open, taking the attention of the teens, expecting it would be their sensei who finally arrives. However, Yuuji, Megumi, and Nobara are surprised to find a different teacher instead.

"You're..." Yuuji gazes at the woman as they wait for her to speak. Iori Utahiime, they know her from their Gojo-sensei back in the goodwill event. Gojo mentioned her before as an acquaintance. Aside from this, they don't know much about her.

Utahime scans the room looking for someone. Gojo's students, she thought.

"If Gojo arrives, please tell him the faculty is waiting in the principal's office," Utahime says simply and the students nod. It's annoying to her that she is tasked to fetch the annoying man but that is partly because no one willingly wants to look for him despite the principals requests for his presence.

The students can only guess the faculty meeting will be about the attack.

Utahime steps outside and shuts the door leaving them behind, grateful that she found Gojo's students and won't need for her to personally talk with him regarding the meeting. It's been two days since the incident and she still hasn't thought of talking with him. Utahime is considering leaving everything behind. This is Gojo Satoru, and as far as she's concerned that man doesn't take things like that seriously. Gojo has an ego bigger than him and more likely than not, sleeping around with different women seems to be normal behavior of him.

That's right. They're grown-ups for Kami's sake. She doesn't need to make a fuss over it. So what if they slept together? It's not that someone else will know if none of them talk about it openly. Besides, they don't work in the same workplace. It would be easier for her to move on from it.

"Utahimeeeee,"

Her body freezes and blood boils at the irritating voice behind her. Utahime isn't sure if facing him would be a wise idea so she just continues to stand like a statue in front of the closed classroom door.

"What's up?"

She can feel Gojo's exasperating smirk without even looking at him. Utahime spins her heels. What's up? That's all he's going to say after everything?!

"WHAT?!" she fumes, whipping her hair as she faces him.

Gojo quickly steps back, hands motioning in surrender with apparent shock.

"Woah, woah, I just greeted you Utahime, chill!"

Chill? Chill? Such words are out of Utahime's vocabulary when she's in front of this guy. Utahime curls her fists, stomps forwards and breathes out. Gojo could've sworn he saw steam coming from her nose.