SIX

The first rays of light filled the bedroom, something that woke Catherine up. She blew out a deep breath, and she rubbed her eyes. Her eyes opened, but quickly closed again when she faced the light. Did I really forget to close the curtains? Catherine sat up, and she slightly opened her eyes to look at her alarm clock; 7:03.

She stepped out of bed and walked towards the windows. Just before she closed the curtains, she turned around and saw a man sleeping in her bed. A tired smile curved on Catherine's lips, Callum looked peaceful. She quietly closed the curtains and laid back in bed again.

"Hey," Callum hummed when he woke up.

"Hey," she whispered.

He turned his head towards her. "What's the time?"

"Seven o'clock."

"Hmm-hmm." Callum rolled over on his side, facing Catherine. He couldn't see her, only some curves. "You good?"

"Yeah." Catherine looked at him. "You?"

"I'm good," he whispered.

Silence fell between them. It didn't take long for Callum to fall asleep again, but it took a while for Catherine. Not because she was awake, but because she was thinking. She slept with Callum, a guy she barely knew. Well, Catherine knew him, but this was different. But now what? She didn't know what to do next. Because was this a one night stand or did this mean more?

Catherine's eyes closed, and she took a deep breath. Different thoughts were racing through her mind, but it wasn't only up to her to happen next. Without any notice, she fell asleep again.

"Good morning," Callum whispered when Catherine woke up.

Catherine stretched her body and looked at him. "Good morning," she muttered and blinked a few times.

"How did you sleep?"

"Good," she yawned and pulled the blanket up to her chin. "You?"

"Good," he answered and softly smirked when Catherine yawned again. "I don't want the guy who runs away after...you know."

Catherine sleepily nodded.

"But I have to go, just received a call from my boss and I have to go," Callum whispered disappointing and bit on the inside of his lip. He didn't want to be an arsehole to run away, but unfortunately, duties are called. "I'm sorry."

"No, no, it's alright, no worries," Catherine replied and cleared her throat. "I do have breakfast this time."

He chuckled. "Amazing."

Catherine and Callum gazed in each other's eyes; it was silence, but there was no need to talk. The bedroom door was open, which let the light inside. It gave Catherine the chance to observe his eyes, she never knew they were light coloured.

"Can I kiss you?" Callum softly asked. Although he kissed her multiple times last night, he thought this situation was different.

Catherine nodded. "Yes." Her eyes started to sparkle, and her lips parted like she was preparing for the kiss.

He leaned in and connected their lips. They both briefly smiled and moved closer, making Callum sightly laying on top of Catherine. She placed her hand in his neck and enjoyed it, just thoroughly enjoying it. Callum pulled back after a few seconds.

"Wait, don't pull away...Not yet," she whispered against his lips.

It made Callum smile and their lips connected again.