Moving forward she was careful not to tumble, her heels not practical for the country side. Even as she walked towards the house she knew Tommy wouldn't leave her until she was inside.

Before she could knock the door opened dramatically forcing her to look up from the icey pathway "Olivia?" He whispered, his big brown eyes looking at her with relief.

"Hello Christopher" she breathed as she pushed by him and into the house.

Looking down the path Christopher saw Tommy at the bottom, his ice cold stare fixing him to his spot. Tommy raised his eyebrow in a simple warning as he puffed out the cloud of smoke from his cigarette.

——-

"I can't stay for long she told him" as she declined his offer for a cup of tea. Instead she pulled off her gloves and took a seat at the small table.

The cottage hadn't changed much since she was a child. It was still a small cosy space that was decorated to suit the old brick work. Olivia's grandparents had moved here to get away from the big city and she could see why. It was serenely quiet.

"I didn't expect to see you again" he told her honestly as he took his seat.

Olivia looked him over, he looked so much better now that he was sober but he desperately needed a hair cut.

"I wasn't going to come but Tommy persuaded me to give you a second chance" she tapped the table as she continued "We both know what you did was because of you're issues with whiskey but if you ever do anything like that to me again" she took in a deep breath and closed her eyes "Then I won't stop that man out there from tearing you limb by limb"

"You'll fit right in with his family" Chris mused, his feelings hurt from her vicious words

"You're the only real family that I have Chris, other than our parents. We're supposed to be here for one another and you just gave me away"

The whole point of this was to put the fire under Chris but she suddenly felt bad, she could see it in his eyes that he was still suffering.

"If Tommy and I are to marry you'll need to make amends. I need you all in my life"

Chris nodded thoughtfully as he looked at his sister who seemed much happier than the last time they had spoken. If anything she was glowing.

"I'll do everything in my power to make this right Olivia, thank you, thank you for coming to see me"

——-

Olivia was late, having been kept talking by Ivie, she was fretting on the way to Tommy's house where his family was waiting. They had been kind in accepting her into the fold but she felt that she had to prove herself now, given her frail relationship with Tommy.

It was Katie, Esme's daughter who ran to her first, girlishly yelling her name over and over again as she ran circles around her.

Olivia laughed as she grabbed at her, bringing her up on to her hip "Hello to you Katie" she grinned as she tapped her nose.

Katie grinned in delight. It was her fifth birthday and by her ruined dress she was already three slices of cake in.

"Fuck sakes Katie!" Esme yelled "You're going to ruin Olivia's blouse"

Both Olivia and Katie turned to Esme who was walking out of the front door, followed by Tommy.

"Ive come to get my present off Olivia!" She yelled back with a stern stare that could match Tommy's in fierceness.

Olivia laughed as she placed her down "And what makes you think I have a present for you?"

Katie without missing a beat said "Because uncle Tommy told me so" and there it was again, the same stern look Olivia had seen before.

"Well!" Olivia cheered as she bent down to be eye level with her "Your uncle Tommy's right but you can't have it until you say the magic words"

Katie stumbled back, she hadn't expected this, slowly she turned to look at Tommy who was watching them all with faint amusement ghosting his lips.

"Uncle Tommy!" She hissed "You didn't say anything about magic words"

"Did I not?" He asked her as she took a step closer to them both, leaning into Olivia and kissing her cheek. It felt like forever since he had seen her but truthfully it had only been a day.

"No you didn't" she crossed her arms, her bottom lip wobbling which made Olivia smile. Katie was full of so much sass that she gave her mother a run for her money.

"Well it's a good thing I know the magic word!" Ron, her driver grinned as he popped around the car carrying a large pink box.

Katie let out an almighty squeal that almost deafened poor Olivia. Tommy snickered, his hand stroking her lower back.

Olivia and Ron had planned this on the driver over and Ron was doing a spectacular job.

"What's the words Ronnie?" Katie clapped greedily as she eyed the box just for her, her little legs going ten to the dozen.

Ron leaned down and whispered into her ear. Katie grinned once more before running to Olivia and grabbing at her skirts once more.

"Pretty please Olivia, may I have my present?"

Olivia ruffled the sweet girls hair before nodding to Ron to open it. Laid in the box on a velvet pillow was a beautiful China doll, wearing a light pink dress with a matching headband.

Katie's eyes swelled with shock as she gently pulled the doll from its resting place. Suddenly she teared up and let out an almighty cry. Panicking Olivia looked at Tommy for help but he was just as surprised as she was.

"Katie!" Esme scolded, trying to save her blushes.

"But mummy she's so beautiful! How can she be so beautiful?" Katie hugged her mother's thighs while gently bringing the doll with her.

"Yes how can she?" Tommy mumbled as he side eyed Olivia.