𝗶𝘀 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗼𝗳𝗳𝗲𝗿 𝘀𝘁𝗶𝗹𝗹 𝗼𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘁𝗮𝗯𝗹𝗲? ❦

╔═══════════════╗
𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙡𝙫𝙚
╚═══════════════╝

«────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ──────»

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾♫ roslyn - st. vincent & bon iver ♫☽༓・*˚⁺‧

 vincent & bon iver ♫☽༓・*˚⁺‧

«────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ──────»

Cassandra Pressman's burial was quiet. Teens surrounded the grave with emotionless faces, most of them incapable of fully comprehending what was happening. They were nervous, as there was a murderer among them.

        "May her soul, through the mercy of God, rest in peace," Helena prayed over Cassandra's lifeless body, which was wrapped in a bed sheet. After the prayer, the group picked up small handfuls of dirt and began sprinkling them into the pit.

«────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ──────»

     Once Cassandra's grave was successfully filled with dirt, burying her six feet under, Rose-Mary felt it appropriate to properly adorn the grave with flowers, just as she had done with Emily's not long before. She placed a wreath of roses, tulips, and lavender above the dirt, finishing off the look with a polaroid picture of Cassandra, courtesy of Becca.

"Looks great, Roe," Luke said, shielding his eyes from the sun with his hands. He knelt down beside her, kissing her forehead.

"Are you sure? I want it to be perfect. She was such an amazing girl."

     "I know she would love it," Luke wrapped his arm around her, pulling her close to him. "What do you think mom and dad would be doing right now?"

      She sighed, looking off into the cloudy sky. "Saturday morning, 11:17 a.m.? Mom would be at book club gossiping like The Real Housewives of Westham, and dad would be patrolling the town, probably stopping at the park to play a few rounds of football with you and Grizz."

      The older brother chuckled softly, nodding his head. "I miss them. They would know exactly what to do."

      "Yeah, they would," she looked down at her dirt-covered Chuck Taylor's. "But I guess it's our job to figure that out."

      The siblings sat in silence for a few moments, taking deep breaths of the abnormally cold air. The day prior had been warm, clear skies and bright sunlight. But now, it was difficult to even see blue, for gray clouds and fog hung around them. It was almost as if the weather changed with the mood of the teens.

      Luke sat up, straightening his posture. "I saw you walking in with Bingham this morning. What was that about?"

      "Oh, it was nothing. We just...ran into each other while walking, so he walked me here," Rose-Mary lied.