Chapter 5

Week 7 of World War III... it was the world vs the most jolly man himself, Santa Claus. He has become the Christmas nightmare everyone feared. Even Krampas himself didn't dare leave his cave.

Flying through the air, Santa whipped the reindeer, being sure to hit Donner every time. He was sure not to miss. He was looking for Cindy. He needed to get revenge. Revenge on the woman who ruined his life...

All Santa ever wanted was to bring joy to the world, but now he brought joy to himself as he threw people down their own chimneys. "FEEL MY PAIN, PEASANTS!"

Alas, there was but a group of people who accepted this new life. Kids who decided to follow Santa in every choice he decided to make.

Upon a throne of severed heads, an army of his new slaves were ready to attack. They were much more obedient than those elves.

Santa's one regret was losing his only friend. Frosty was killed while trying to escape the wrath of people who no longer felt Christmas cheer. So, while Santa sat with surrounding armies, he was saddened by the memories he had with Frosty. Better memories than with even Cindy... did he perhaps fall for his melted friend?

Santa's clouding thoughts were cleared suddenly when Buddy the elf, the only elf that stayed by his side, kneeled in front of him, bowing. In his hands, he held out a small snowball... with a corncob pipe, a button nose... and two eyes made out of coal.

Santa felt the joy he hadn't felt for years as he took the snowball. "At long last dear friend..."

"At long last... Kris... I've missed you." A small smile grew on the small head Santa held.

A single tear rolled down Santa's cheek. At last, he realized his true love.

But, all good things come to an end.

As night dawned upon this cruel, apocalyptic world, a dark figure rode into the sky. With a single shot, they brought Santa to the ground. Lanterns lit and mysterious savior was shown in it's light. Why, it was none other than... Cindy-Lou Who.

She watched the old man as he began to disappear. Now, the same crimson that Santa had worn so proudly, dressed the ground. Until all that was left was a crushed ball of snow, and a giant red coat, that held a pound of sorrow to its cloth.

What was once a symbol for a jolly man, spreading cheer... was now a reminder of the woeful reality this world became. Cindy-Lou Hoo cloaked herself with the coat. A cruel action for anyone who knew of their circumstance.

A new ruler filled the throne, watching the horizon of her new beloved land. Wearing a menacing smile that not even the devil himself could fabricate, she took a bite of a cookie.

A gingerbread cookie.