Chapter eleven

Bay POV

I'm Toby's assistant and if he isn't in this meeting I don't have to be either.

I was packing up my files when Mr Dolce held my arm.

"Just because me and your boss are not working together doesn't mean we cant work together. If you know what I mean", he said then winked.

I pulled my hand from his grip and got up and left the room.

I was heading to Toby's office because I wanted to know why he said the deal was off when it was a really good deal.

When I got to his door I heard him yelling and it sounds like he's having an argument with his sister.

I'll just go by his house later and talk to him. That's just me trying to find an excuse to see him tonight.

I smiled to myself and walked away.

::::::::::::
I walked up to his front door and knocked. No answer. His car was there so he had to be inside.

I called his phone and again no answer.

I put my hand on the door knob and turn it. Apparently his door was not locked so I walked inside.

"Hello?........Toby?", I said loud enough for anyone to hear but still no answer.

I walked to his bedroom and looked all around.

I noticed the door of his bathroom was open and when I walked close enough to have a better view, he was sitting on the floor with his head leaned back on the wall looking at the ceiling.

Scratches and blood were all over his arms. Tears were flowing from his eyes, his face was red and the veins in his neck looked like they wanted to pop out of his head.

I ran to him as quickly as I can and went on my knees so that I can be leveled with him.

I started to panic and my hands were shaking as I reached for my hand bag that laid next to a sharp knife.

"Toby what's wrong? I'm calling an ambulance", I said unlocking my IPhone.

"Nooooo!", he said pulling the phone away from me, "this happens..... ( he took a deep breath)..... all the time."

"But what should I do?", I asked with tears forming in my eyes and hands still shacking.

"You need to try and stay as calm as you can", he said reaching out for my hands so he can prevent it from shacking so much.

I looked at his arms and thought how can this not be the first time this had happened.

I got up and he didn't even question me. I went to the kitchen, I got a towel and a bowl filled with water.

When I got to the bathroom, I saw him struggling with trying to get up off the floor.

I put the stuff down and went to help him.

"I got this", he said signaling me to back up and I did.

"I thought you left", he said while standing on his feet.

"Why would I leave?..... You know what don't answer that", I said and picked up the bowl and towel off of the floor.

We sat on the sofa in his room as I used the wet towel to wipe off the blood on his hands, noticing the scratches on his arms.

"Why and how does this happen?", I asked while dipping the towel in the bowl.

"Can we not talk about this right now?", he said with sadness in his voice.

"Sure", I said and he got up and walked towards his bed.

I emptied the bowl and put the towel to dry than went in his closet and changed into one of his large shirts.

I sat on the bed and he turned around laying on his side to face me.

He lift the covers, signaling me to get in.

I layed down and his hand was around my shoulders and I was laying on my side with my hand wrapped around his waist and my leg over his leg.

I looked up at him and his eyes were watering. It was like he was afraid to cry because I was here.

"I can leave if you want to be alone", I said rubbing his chest.

"N-no I need you here", his voice broke.

"You don't have to be afraid to cry Toby. I cry all the time. A few months ago I was going through a lot and my beat friend told me that crying is the only way your eyes speak when your mouth can't explain how things are hard", I said remembering what Glen had told me.

"I know how strong you are but there's no need for you to be ashamed to cry", I tightened my arm around him.

"I'm here for you", after I said that his tears just started to flow down his cheeks.

He cried but it wasn't like me with the chest rising, sobbing, snot everywhere and barely being able to breath, he just laid there with his eyes closed, tears continually flowing and  a few sniffs here and there.

I hope he gets through this because it really hurts to see him like that.