Chapter five

It's already been a month and I have to go back to my original schedule. I haven't seen Mr Williams for the past month. He only sends me emails that are job related or send one of the receptionist from the hotel to my house to give me files that he needed me to work on.

I called the receptionist "Hey John, can you let Mr Williams know that I'll be coming in late today".

"He's not here yet but I'll let him know as soon as I see him, sweetheart", he replied and I rolled my eyes.

"Please don't forget", I said with seriousness in my voice.

"Of course I won't forget because you are always on my mind darling", his answer annoyed me so I just thanked him and hung up, not wanting to hear what he has to say next.

::::::::::
I arrived at the hospital for my appointment and signed in.

While I was looking around for an empty chair, I saw Mr Williams sitting, his head down looking at his phone and an empty chair beside him.

"Did another one of your employees pass out on the job?", I sat down in laughter.

"No", he said shacking his head left to right not looking away from his phone. "I'm here for your doctor's appointment", he said now looking at me.

I looked at him confused, "why?".

"Your my assistant. You help and support me in everything for the pass two years. This is just me returning the favor", he smiled.

"Okay", I said awkwardly smiling back.

::::::::::
I layed down on the hospital bed with my shirt adjusted under my breast. The nurse spread a cold jam on my stomach.

As she moved the object around my stomach, I start to see my baby on the screen.

At that moment it felt like I had no worries in the world and all that mattered was me and my child.

My eyes started to water and my vision became blurry because of the tears forming in my eyes.

I looked at Mr Williams and he immediately asked " whats wrong? Why are you crying?".

I laughed because his face reaction was funny.

I told him he should have stayed in the waiting room.

"These are happy tears",I said pointing to the screen and he smiled looking at where I was pointing.

"Do you want pictures?", the nurse asked.

"Yes!", he answered, which I thought was weird but I was to happy and ignored it.

She handed him my appointment paper and gave me a wipe to wipe off the jam.

He help me off the bed. "Thanks for coming Mr Williams ", I said as we were walking out of the hospital.

"No problem and please, when we are not at work you can call me Toby"

I was surprised but agreed anyway.

::::::::::
Four o'clock came and my shift was over. I packed everything up , leaving my office clean.

I got home, kicked off my shoes and layed on the sofa. The door bell rang, I got up and look through the peeping hole and see Mr Williams.

When I opened the door he had his head down and hands in pockets. "Can I come in?", he asked without looking up.

I moved to the side to make way for him to come inside.

"What are you doing here Mr.........mmm, Toby?", I asked almost forgoting what he told me to call him.

"The truth?", he asked but I was confused and he continued, "You make me happy. You make me laugh. Even though I don't act like it", he gave out a little laugh. "You're smart, kind hearted and very pretty. What I'm trying to say is that, I like you..... a lot. I always denied those feelings knowing that you're my employee, but talking to you makes my day brighter and I can't hide it anymore. I keep my self busy with the hotel but every time I pause, I still think of you. I.......", he was about to continue but I cut him off.

First of all, where the hell is all of this coming from and second of all, it sounded as if the whole thing was rehearsed.

"But I'm pregnant", I said holding my flat stomach.

" I know that you and the baby are a package deal. I'll be fine as long as your single", he said and I laughed, shacking my head.

"This won't work out", I said.

"You have no idea how fast my heart races when I see you. I just couldn't hold it in anymore", he said with sad eyes. "I'm not saying that you should be my girlfriend. We should get to know each other better outside of work and then you can decide if you want me in your life", he said.

"People at work would think I'm ...........", he cut me off saying " You shouldn't care what the people around you think and when the baby is born, you have to teach him/her that as they grow. If things don't work out between us, you don't have to worry about losing your job, and if your uncomfortable with working near me I can get you the same job at another company". I said nothing after that.

"Deal?", he said after a long moment of silence and put his hand out for me to take it.

Is everything a business deal for this guy.

"No matter what happens between us, when we are at work you should not be easy on me but treat me the same way you have for the past two years", I said with seriousness in my tone.

He nodded and I take his hand to make the deal final.

He kissed me on the forehead and left the house with me smiling to myself.

::::::::::
I layed on my bed and called Glen because I definitely needed to tell her about what happened with Toby today.

"Hello", she answered.

"Toby has a crush on me and he said that we should get to know each other more before we decide to be a couple!", I said sounding excited.

"Are you talking about hot, sexy, billionaire, blue eye, Toby Williams, who is also your boss?", she asked sounding surprised.

"Yes him! And he said that he has no problem with my being pregnant", I answered.

"I really hope it goes well but if you have any doubts about it you should end it because don't forget you are now making decisions for you and the baby".

"Yes I know I have to try and make the best decisions that I can for the baby's sake".

"I don't mean to bring this up but if you're thinking about dating him, eventually you will have to tell him about the rape. I know he's going to want to know about the father of the child", she said with concern.

"Not right now, I'll tell him when the time is right", I said not sounding to sure.

"Okay goodnight"

"Goodnight Glen", I said than hung up.

I fell asleep with a smile on my face because of thoughts of me and my child in the future.