The Creature

I walk over and sit next to her. Her hands are still pale green but are slowly turning back to pale white. She looks up at me but doesn't smile. I hand her a cup of Chai tea and ask her, "Who saw you?" I don't ask her if she is alright because I already know the answer. 

She doesn't answer. All she does is drink her tea. We sit in silence until no more green show on her hands. "My entire gym class. They were scared of me. Some laughed at me but they were all scared. retreating into the locker rooms" Her voice is soft. It's like she doesn't anybody to hear her. There is no one around to hear her but me.

I sigh. "Who got hurt? Why do you keep turning, changing?" I ask her these questions whenever she turns or changes. I feel that I have to take care of her. The family she once had got scared of her and left. People call her a freak and a coward. Things have always been hard for her. All she has is me, and all I have is her. I am not scared of neither am I going to leave her.

"Humph. He deserved it." Is all she says. She picked up some leaves from the forest floor. "It isn't like I do it on purpose. It just happens." She tilts her head to the side and looks up at the trees. "It's his fault he got hurt." 

"What did he do? Embarrass you? Make you mad?" Last time she changed she had almost died. I didn't want it to happen again. But I can't control what happens to her after she changes. 

She starts stacking leaves then crushing them with her hand. "He was annoying. He is always calling me a freak. But today was worse. He's lucky he isn't dead!" She isn't whispering anymore. She's mad, annoyed and broken beyond repair.

"What was he doing?" I take her hand and hold it between my hands. She doens't say anything but I can tell she wants to change. 

She pulls her hand away and stands up. "He wouldn't leave me alone!" She is shouting at the sky. She is shouting to me. "He kept touching me! and I hated it!" Her skin slowly starts to turn green. She kicks the tree that is in front of her and it shakes. She falls to her knees and screams. "AHHHHHHHHH!!!!" The leaves shake and does she.

Her head falls and I can't see her face. I know not to approach her but I can't help it. She needs someone. Even if it's only me. I get closer to her and put my hand on her back. She collapses at my touch and I hod her. I don't let go. After hours of holding her I fall asleep and When I wake up.......

She's gone.