Prologue

Note: Most characters in this story DO NOT belong to me! ENJOY!

*Edited

- Prologue -

1060 A.C.

The dark brown bricks of the dingy houses, the lighter brow tiles under my feet made the perfect maze;  all flashed as another peal of thunder hit the ground with tremendous force, followed by the sharp crack of thunder. Even the Gods where unhappy, for what is about to happen would mark history and would mark the end for one great wizard.

It was either me or him.

I knew they were coming after me, I wanted to stop and face them, but – swallowing my pride, I ran.

I ran like a coward in the narrow passages of my village: Godric's Hallow. I ran not because I was scared. I was running for the tiny toddler in my arms, my only heir. I had to give her a chance in this world, even at the cost of my life.

The footsteps behind me became louder and more frequent.

As they neared, my strength waned. I knew I surely will die, but I had to save this child, it was an obligation, an instinct older than the heavens themselves. As I turned on a deserted street and fell to the ground panting, I felt helpless, for the first time in my life I wasn’t the predator but, the prey. I stared at my faithful wand willing for it to mend with only the power of my mind, but to my dismay it stayed broken in my palm.

They broke it.

They rendered me helpless to fight back, and yet they are still deaf to my pleas. Cowards...

Suddenly, I was furious how dare he, my best friend, my ally, my partner betray me in such way? Murdering my young, beautiful wife, kidnapping my child, forcing me into their cove?

I felt a whine inside my chest, not a scared whine, a whine of longing. To fight, to attack, to kill.

I knew I only had one chance and that would be all. Thinking of my wife who died too young in such an atrocious way and of all the other innocent lives they took, forever stolen from the Sun's beautiful rays. I decided that it was my time to join them and give my innocent, pure child a new start in a time more peaceful than this one.

When I came to this resolution a saw a shadow turning on this street. Oh so there he was now, the traitor! Salazar Slytherin came to a stop when he saw me.

Appearing from around the corner he slithered closer to me spreading his arms wide in a welcome gesture his ugly snake coiled around his neck  "Godric you look tired come by my house and please do join us!" exclaimed Salazar in his familiar nasal voice, his words had a hospitable touch to them but underneath there was a coat of a meaning so malicious, it swallowed me alive, burning me from the inside.

I stood up, put my baby on the ground and took my fighting stance, unsheathing my silver sword, holding it in my left hand and what remained of my wand in my right. Feeling the familiar pain of the ruby studs digging in my palm I glared at his pale face and his green almost grey eyes, revulsion swept through me again, blinding me for a second.

"Dear me, are you going to fight me in that state? Than it will be your last duel mark my words, my friend" Salazar hissed always so arrogant, the last two words made the pain of betrayal come back, fury lashed out again, my magic unfurled in my chest and it growled, wanting to attack the men that caused me too much pain for ten men to bear. Both physical and emotional. My grip on my weapons tightened and despite my fatigue, my anguish I straightened my back and look at the snake in the eye.

A rumble, than sharp lightening sliced the sky, the rain pelted down as if it was poured from a bucket, the wind whipped at my robes and hair, making my armor clang together. The wind was so strong it almost whipped my hat from my head making it whine and crumple in on itself so it could fold itself around my red mane.  

My child started crying, without stopping to think of the danger I put myself in, I knelt down to see how she was, the reason for her tears.

"Never turn your back to your enemies. Is that not one of your philosophies?" crooned Salazar, and in my mind’s eye I could see his smirk, full of malice and spite. Adrenaline run through my blood, now I knew my time was up, I had made one mistake, one… and by the looks of it, my last one. “But am I your enemy Godric? You know, I just want to put you at rest, out of your misery… after all how much pain and torture can one man endure?”

Ignoring Salazar, I put my right hand on my heart and my left on my heir's temple.

“No, Godric, for God’s sake don’t do it! There is still a chance to win! Use the sword! Godric! The sword!” Yelled the familiar voice of my hat.

But I ignored it.

Closing my eyes I forced all of my magic into her pulling her small, tiny body through a gap in the time-space barrier. I was lucky I found one. This place was beautiful and full of light from the warm sun. It seemed a good place for her to start again. I opened my eyes again, concentrated my magic into the gap and in one enormous surge of power the gap became large enough to cause a tunnel to form from here to the future.

Sweat beaded down my forehead, over my eyebrows to splash in my eyes where it mixed with rain and tears, I knew I had ten seconds exact were the time stopped to prepare for the transportation, the rain stilled around me, the wind stopped, Salazar stood there, not blinking, not moving, more vulnerable than he ever was and if I wished I could kill him, but I knew I couldn’t, as much as he hurt me, as much as my heart bled for all he’s done I knew I could never pick my sword and end his life.

I cradled my baby in my arms and whispered the words tenderly "Goodbye my beloved child, I will name you after the most beautiful, the most graceful but still dangerous flower. From now on your name will be Rose, Rose Gryffindor"

Magic,  love and tears mixed together made the words Rose Gryffindor in the air and then they tattooed on her little fore arm in an elegant script.

BANG!

The sound so loud it hurt. My only daughter disappeared in the future. With tears and rain running freely down my face I turned around to face my fate.

Immediately the world began to move again, the rain began to drench me and my hat continued to beg, plead, yell at me. But I ignored it.

Salazar gazed at me for a moment and then he whispered – and for once his tone was filled with a strange almost regretful emotion -  “You, Godric, are the perfect warrior and I will always admire your courage, your strength, your thoughtless compassion for those weaker than you. But you have a flaw, and that flaw will now be the death of you. I didn’t kill you Godric…” Salazar raised his wand so it pointed at me, I simply stared at him, void of emotions “ Love did…”

And then everything turned pitch black.

Godric Gryffindor was no more.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

Hey there! I hope you will enjoy the future chapters if you decide you want to know what will happen to Rose! If you couldn't care less, I guess I'll just have to try harder to impress you next time! :D

Pls comment vote and if you really did like it fan.

Ps: I'm sorry for the first four chapters... i was 13 when I wrote them... But hang in there k?!

Pss: This story is really my baby (AND I HAVE A HUUUUGE CRUSH ON SIRIUS REMUS AND JAMES! not Peter, he's an ass!)