Chapter 1 - Witch * Rose Gryffindor's Photo*

*Edited

- Chapter 1 –

Witch

1971 A.C.

DRRRIN-DRRRIN

I opened one eye drowsily, it was 7:30, ugh I really don't want to get up now. My fuzzy warm bed never seemed more comfortable, rolling on my other side, so my back was facing the annoying alarm I mumbled something and tried to fall back asleep.

I debated on sleeping in and lazing about all day and the next day getting screamed at by Mr. Cromwell. No, Mr. Cromwell will get so angry if I miss a Saturday's day of work!

I groaned loudly before smashing my hand on the treacherous device, threw my legs over my ratty bed, the frigid air attacked my bare limbs instantly, I shivered bringing my arms around me to keep some warmness in me.

Wiping dried drool of my lips, I stood up and I stretched yawning at the same time. I looked around my small bedroom and sighed  padding over to the bathroom. I was extremely lucky I even had a warm place to live, with a bathroom, a stool, a wardrobe, a desk and some clothes.  

Most of the things I owned weren't bought by me; they were birthday and Christmas presents from a nice family I knew: the Potters. They had offered me this room when I was 5 and it had been mine since then. Actually they had offered me a giant guest room, but I couldn’t except the four poster bed and the vanity table without feeling even more guilty over disturbing them so much.

And for the past  six years I've been insisting on paying them back somehow, but they kept on saying that it was OK and that I was welcome to ask them for anything. They also kept on saying I was part of the family, especially Mrs. Potter she continuously said I was like a daughter to her, her son James also says that I’m like his shy little sister he wants to tease incessantly. But despite them being so kind and welcoming I only asked for as little as I could.

What I didn't know much about, was my pre-Potters past...

The Potters told me they had found me six years ago lying on a bench in a cold winter’s night. They also said that when they found me I had been wearing rags for clothes but wasn't chattering from the cold or showing any signs of freezing to death, which I should have been. They also told me that the moment they found my five year old self I didn’t even now my own name and I couldn’t even name my own parents, so they baptized me as Rose Gryffindor which was the name I have tattooed on my forearm for some reason. The tattoo is weird, me and Mr Potter discussed it many times but he could never understand how it got to be imprinted on my skin.

Sighing again at the mess that was my life, I walked over to my stool, my most treasured possession. I know it might sound stupid but well it was given to me by the Potters at my tenth birthday; even if it was one of the many presents they gave me, it’s the most precious of them all. The stool was beautifully carved from cherry wood, its tree legs held beautiful patterns and symbols I had been trying to understand, but most of all this stool made everything I draped over it look new and fresh, even the dying daisies James had given me on St Valentines day.

 The rest of the room was colored in light brown and yellowish hues, it had a small window that offered the slightest bit of light.

I walked to my tiny bathroom which was also small made of blue and white tiles; there was a shower, a sink, a toilet seat, some white towels and a mirror. It was more than enough for me.

I looked at myself in the mirror. My face now had a rosy color under the impossible tan that I had even in the darkest winters, when everyone was pale I had a golden-brown tan which suited well with my wavy chestnut hair. My eyes were brown too almost black now, but I knew that if I went out in the sun my eyes would turn light brown with a red undertone… This had earned me the very nice name of Vampire, more accurately Rosie the Vampire.