Chapter 5 - House of Black

Two horrendous hours later we finally got to Sirius' place. The drive from the train station and Grimmauld Place would have taken less than twenty minutes but James' insisted, more like whined, we go take a look at London, the funny thing is the bastard blamed it all on me on how on the train I apparently kept on asking him if we could visit the damn city. That of course made Sirius give me an icy glare.

The city was indeed beautiful and picturesque, with its tall sculptured buildings and the immense green parks bustling of people scurrying around like busy ants. The whole time James and Sirius were chatting and occasionally they would bark a laugh. I - well I mostly hung back and enjoyed the scenery until Sirius turned around and decided it would be fun to trip me and bother me in every way possible... and after they found my reactions hilarious and proceeded to make me fall, scream, frown, stomp my foot.

At the end of the ordeal I was almost in tears and fuming. So many times I felt the beast inside me growl or stir in irritation but I fought it back, no need for a massive explosion in the middle of a busy street. It didn't help that most of the time I had a headache stabbing my skull in different places all the time and this weird feeling at the pit of my stomach to run away and never turn back. All in all it wasn't on of my best experiences

And finally now after two hours of pure hell we were here, in Grimmould place.

Grimmould Place was dark and frankly sort of creepy with its black tiles and dead trees, like a horror movie scene. Not that I have ever seen a horror movie since in Godric's Hallow there weren't any cinema's and if there were I would never ask the Potters for the money.

I was thoroughly confused when we came to a stop between number twelve and fourteen. Where is number thirteen?

"Welcome at the Black's Manor" said Sirius in a mocking tone gesturing pompously in front of him.

Suddenly, the wall in front of me shimmered and another house slid out of twelve and fourteen. In number fourteen and twelve no one noticed their house tremble and shake and I could see through the windows how they continued their lives normally as if nothing amazing was happening next door.

After a few more groans a squeaks number thirteen appeared under the sunlight, the bricks a darker black, the porch more detailed than the other houses, with snakes climbing up the walls and on top of the door a snake strangling a lion, my insides shivered at the metal sculpture, what's their deal with snakes and lions? And why was I so intimidated by this place?

"Scared, girly?" taunted Sirius an evil gleam in his eye, James who had become a shade paler put his arm around my shoulders and for the first time that day in a warm, protective way. At his gesture I relaxed the slightest, all my previous dark emotions disappeared as I leaned into his thin frame to show him I forgave him, my feelings of not belonging disappeared too.

I jumped in alarm when the dark wooden door opened revealing a tall dark haired woman standing with her hand on the doorknob with a frown on her pale thin face. She had dull brown eyes and unlike her son's the only emotion there was disapproval as she barely spared a glance at her son.

"Mother" Sirius said doing a ridiculous little bow in front of the door lowering his gaze respectfully "I bought my two friends with me"

She looked at me and James from our toes to our hair with a penetrating gaze, as if she could see right though us and than without a word she turned her heel and disappeared down the dark corridor. Wow what nice mom, I can see where Sirius gets his snarkyness.

Sirius scoffed shaking his head opening the door wider and for the first time I saw an apologetic smile spread on his face complimenting his high cheeks "Welcome to the Black's house hold" gesturing us forewords.