Chapter 6

(Sparrow's POV)

"Girl, are you crazy? Robin would never commit a...Whoa." Cyborg was cut off, and by the long period of silence, I knew he found something, a newspaper, the large screen in town, something that pointed towards Robin's arrest.

"And he was telling us to stay out of trouble," Beast Boy mumbled. He got that right. What could Robin have possibly done to get himself into trouble with Daizo and his troopers?

"Do you know where he is?" Raven answered.

"In jail, I'm guessing? He's probably locked up in Daizo's headquarters for all I know," I said quickly, using the dark alley as my cover. Noticing another way out, I stood still, waiting to run out of the city, or back in.

"Alright, I'm transmitting rendezvous coordinates. Let's regroup and figure this out!" Cyborg was already at work on finding him. As much as I wanted to panic, it wouldn't do any good.

"I'm still in the city, we can regroup if you guys are-" I stopped as soon as I heard the wind whoosh in a supernatural way. Whirling around, I spotted her, and lunged at her, thinking I had the upper hand. Boy was I wrong.

The last thing I heard was the screaming from my communicator as she caught me and slammed my head against a building wall in the alley, taking me under into cold unconsciousness.

~

I felt a cold, harsh breeze cutting into me. A muffled voice...Too familiar to miss.

As my eyes sputtered open, my vision was too groggy, too hazy to distinguish my surroundings. All I could see was the darkness. What time is it? What day is it?

"Get. Up." A sudden kick to my ribs, just on top of my new scar jolted me awake, causing me to scream as the pain registered in my body and brought me to a fuller consciousness. The night was clearer as I threw my head back and cringed at the pain.

"W-what...What the hell are you doing!?" I screeched as my eyes opened in rage. Jumping to my feet, I came face to face with my own nightmare. A mirror.

I was practically staring at a mirror as I stared at the girl who mirrored every feature I possess. She looked like me back when I was a vampire – the violet black hair, the leather outfit, the eerie eyes. Everything that I was back then was painted onto this girl.

"Serena," I snarled, taking her figure in completely. She smirked at me in greeting, eyeing me up and down, observing me.

"Honey, you look awful," she laughed, looking completely amused and intimidating, both at the same time.

"How? How do you and I share the same physical features? How did all of this happen!?"

A massive slap to the face sent me to the ground as I clutched my face, and looked up at her.

"Don't get so impatient with me. Pick a tombstone, and sit down, Amber. It's story time."

Scurrying backwards, I hit a tombstone with my back as she sat down across from me daintily. For a moment, I thought she wouldn't lay a finger on me, but I knew better as observed her figure.

"And just so you'll cooperate with me..." She blurred the two feet over to me, and before I could figure out what she was doing, I saw my left wrist bleeding, no, gushing crimson. Looking at her, I saw the small dagger she carried.

"What the-" She slit my wrist deep enough to bleed me dry. Looking up angrily, I growled at her, "You could have simply told me to sit down and listen!" I could feel my body growing heavy, and I strained to remain alert. So that's why she needed me to cooperate.