Chapter 1

My scream echoed off the walls loudly, forcing me to cover my hyper sensitive ears. How could I fathom what was in front of me? Am I really seeing this face right now? Am I really seeing my old face? Is this a dream? 

I slapped a hand to my mouth, taking deep breaths to calm myself down. Maybe I'm overreacting, but would you want to wake up to see what I just saw?

Looking into the mirror again, I noticed that the face was still there, darkened eyes and all.

Harsh, rapid knocking on the bathroom door caused me to scream again, and I gripped the sink for support. My limbs felt like jello, and I was struggling to breathe properly. My heart beat escalated quickly as I struggled to make sense of what was happening.

I still have yet to get used to the heart beat. It's something I still find rather surprising.

"Sparrow? What's going on?"

Oh no, Robin. He heard me!

"I-it was a spider! I killed a huge spider!" I lied, scanning the bathroom nervously. Snapping my head back to the mirror, I could see that my eyes were still the same. 

I heard Robin's laugh on the other side, "Since when do you get scared of a spider?"

Okay, he believes me. Good.

"Just got c-caught off guard," I laughed nervously, pacing around in the bathroom. Okay, I have to get out of here sometime. Peace, tranquility, silence...

My spirit, my soul seemed to leave the room as I was transported to a calming place.

It was completely dark in the woods. My eyesight was as sharp as I remembered from life as a human prior to my first death.

The woods I stood in resembled a scene in a scary movie, an area most would consciously avoid, in fear of being swallowed into the epitome of darkness. However, in my case, I wasn't afraid.

These woods were beautiful to me. I could sleep here and never wake up. Who would be afraid of nature at night?

Just as I was about to run off and explore the woods I conjured up, knocking brought me back to the reality in the bathroom.

Robin's knocking. I guess I took long.

"Sparrow? Are you okay?" he asked on the other side. Stepping closer to the mirror, I noticed that my eyes were back to normal. Traces of black eyes and protruding veins were gone.

I must have been hallucinating. That's it. I'm probably just seeing things because I haven't been sleeping well at all. I saw my vision darken, causing me to look back up at the mirror again. My eyes were in the process of turning black again.

Really bad hallucinations.

"I'm great. I'll be out in a few minutes."

I went on with my usual morning routine, attempting to brush off the incident.

~

I walked into the living room, greeting my teammates. I found my boyfriend at one of the tables, eating breakfast. A second plate was placed next to his.

"Good morning," I smiled, sitting next to him.

"Morning, Sparrow. I saved you a plate," he grinned back, just before turning his attention back to his plate.

"Thanks." I observed the omelet. Lots of vegetables and cheese, just the way I like it.

I sat down and began eating, minding my own business. 

It was like any other day in Titans' Tower. I woke up, got ready, and joined my teammates in the living room and kitchen area. Things were becoming routine, but I didn't mind it. To be honest, everything seems to be looking up, aside from my nightmares.