Chapter 4

"Shadow Claw!" Bede called.

Mimikyu launched itself at Toxtricity, Extending its arm from under its cloth and scratching Toxtricity across the face. Toxtricity stood its ground, hissing in defiance. 

"Sludge Wave!" I yelled, and Toxtricity didn't waste a second, shooting out a surge of toxic goop. The Mimikyu was covered in the sludge, and the head of its disguise went limp.

"Shadow Claw again!" Bede exclaimed, his teeth gritting.

I smirked at his frustration. "Sludge Wave!"

The two Pokémon repeated their previous actions, with the Mimikyu being knocked out this time. Bede sent out his Rapidash. "Drill Run!"

Toxtricity was hit hard, but ultimately stayed standing, and I returned it, sending out Dragapult. "Phantom Force!"

Dragapult dove into a purple portal, Bede's Rapidash frantically looking around as the portal closed. The crowd went silent in anticipation. Bede too remained silent, waiting for Dragapult to reappear.

"Dazzling Gleam!" Bede yelled as the portal opened. Rapidash was too slow to react, and fell to the attack.

Bede returned his Rapidash. "I admit, you fight like a champion should."

I raised my eyebrow. "Why, Bede, was that a compliment? You can't just be handing those out, you have a reputation to uphold!"

Bede rolled his eyes. "It was hardly praise. Besides, I will be the one who comes out on top!" he exclaimed, throwing out Mawhile.

"Not with mistakes like that, you won't! Flamethrower!" I shouted confidently. As you can imagine, the Mawhile did not take the stream of flames well, and was returned within seconds of being sent out.

Bede cursed under his breath, sending out Sylveon.

"Dude, language! We're being broadcast across the region, you know!" I said, switching to Lucario. 

"Shadow ball!"

"Flash Cannon!"

The Pokémon traded blasts, both left standing, but the Sylveon shaking.

"Blaze kick!" Lucario jumped into the air, and, as he fell towards Sylveon, his leg burst into flames, and he threw a roundhouse kick to Sylveon's face, sending it flying into the stadium wall. Bede quickly returned Sylveon.

"So," I said as Lucario backed up and relaxed a bit, "what's next?"

Bede grunted in frustration, tossing out Gardevoir. "Psychic!"

Lucario stumbled and almost fell forward, but firmly planted its fist in the ground, struggling back up. I returned it, sending out Rillaboom. "Drum Beating!"

"Dazzling Gleam!" Bede yelled as the vines whipped the Gardevoir. Rillaboom tanked the hit and fired back with a Darkest Lariat, knocking the Gardevoir out. Both of us returned our Pokémon.

"Now then, how 'bout we show these people what they're here for?" I asked, once again taking out Toxtricity's ball.

Bede smiled despite himself. "I guess we are here to put on a show, after all," He said, pulling out his Hatterene's Great Ball.

The croud roared in excitement as our dynamax bands filled our Pokéballs with energy. Bede gracefully tossed the ball behind him as I threw my ball over my shoulder with a confident grin on my face.

The two balls burst open, Hatterene and Toxtricity growing into their Gigantamax forms. Both Pokémon roared, shaking the ground with the sound alone.