Chapter 10

"And now, it's time for the final round of the semi-finals: Orchid vs. Rose!" the commentator exclaimed.

Both challengers walked out onto the field, the crowd cheering both sides on. Both held a Pokéball in their hand, and waited for the commentator's cue.

"And let the battle... begin!" the commentator said.

Both girls threw their Pokéballs, exploding open to reveal Orchid's Luxray and Rose's Snorlax.

"Thunderbolt!" Orchid yelled.

"High Horsepower!" Rose cried.

The Luxray ran forward, it's fur standing on end as sparks of electricity surged through its body. The Pokémon jumped as the Snorlax stomped on the ground, the resulting splinters of stone not touching the Luxray, and fired a bolt of electricity at the Snorlax, causing the sparks to radiate through its whole body, making it seize up.

"Superpower!"

Luxray rushed in, delivering a devastating blow to the Snorlax, which was unable to move due to the paralysis, despite its trainer's command.

"Superpower again!"

"High Horsepower!"

The Luxray wasn't as lucky this time, and fell to the ground from the attack. Orchid returned it, throwing out a Talonflame.

"Brave Bird!" Orchid exclaimed quickly. The Talonflame moved with a blinding speed, slamming into the Snorlax and sending it into the wall of stadium with a critical hit, shaking the stand and eliciting gasps from the audience. Rose returned the Pokémon, pulling out another ball.

"How is it able to move so fast?" I asked, unable to take my eyes off the battle.

"Gale Wings," Marnie said from beside me. "I learned that the hard way."

Rose sent in an Eiscue, yelling "Surf!"

"She's being reckless," Kabu said. "Much like during her battle with me."

Water flooded the battlefield, catching Talonflame and nearly knocking him out of the air. 

"Flamethrower!"

The Eiscue went down within a few seconds of the flames touching it. Rose returned it, sending out a Gothitelle. In response, Orchid returned her Talonflame, tossing out Hydreigon.

"Dark Pulse!"

"Brick Break!"

Gothitelle floated towards the Hydreigon, tanking the Dark Pulse and hitting the Brick Break.

"Now, Hydreigon! Dark Pulse again!"

Hydreigon did as instructed, launching another Dark Pulse and fainting the Gothitelle.

Rose gritted her teeth, throwing out her fourth Pokémon, a Ferrothorn. "Flash Cannon!"

The move barely took down the Hydreigon, and Orchid sent her Talonflame back out. "Flamethrower!"

"Explosion!" Rose yelled quickly. The Ferrothorn glowed a blinding white, and blew itself up, collapsing to the ground and taking the Talonflame with it.

Both girls were sweating and panting, taking out their next Pokéballs. Rose sent out a Milotic, with Orchid sending out her Ludicolo.

Rose clenched her fists. "Ice Beam!"

The Milotic sent a chilling blue beam towards the Ludicolo, which withstood the shot, waiting for its trainer's instruction.

"Energy ball!"