Chapter Two

SOFIA P.O.V.

     I was talking to Hugo, Ben, and Christian when my attention was directed to heels clicking in the classroom. In walked a beautiful girl who radiated confidence that I wish I could have. Her strawberry blond hair swayed from side to side while she walked with poise and elegance. Her grey eyes scanned the room, like she looking for someone or something, making me a bit intimidated. After a few long, agonizing seconds, she found her target. Hugo. Her skin-tight sunshine yellow dress, which looked like it shouldn't be worn at a school, accentuated her flawless curves that made everyone drool. And that left an uneasy feeling in my stomach, jealousy. I'm not sure why I am jealous, but I hated that feeling, it was like I could never compare to this supermodel in the room. And I probably can't compare to her, she was crafted by the gods, that's for sure.

     "Hey Hugo," This girl said, waving a well-done manicured hand in the air in, what I assume to be, a flirtatious manner. That didn't settle well with me, was Hugo seeing this girl?

     "Hello, Princess Alyssa" Hugo replied rolling his eyes, and I don't think that action was playful. I sat there, watching the two interact intently, and I don't think I was the only one. It seemed like the whole class was watching Princess Alyssa and Hugo's every move.

     "Silly goose, you can just call me Alyssa" She laughed, coming closer to the four desks that Ben, Hugo, Christian, and I sat in. The whole class was silent, waiting for Hugo to reply to the Princess. After what seemed like hours, Hugo chuckled dryly, making us all think that this is something out of a teen-romance novel where the two characters fall in love, and that didn't settle right with me. "What the heck..." I thought to myself. Then, the Alyssa-Hugo encounter made me very, very uncomfortable. Alyssa looked at me, then at Hugo, and back at me again. Something must have gone off in her brain because the next thing I knew I was the center of this "feud".

     "Who are you?" Alyssa stated in the nastiest voice I ever heard from someone our age, and I live with Amber. I gulped, not knowing what to do in such a toxic environment.

     "I'm Sofia, the new girl" I croaked, barely making a sound loud enough for myself to hear. Alyssa let out a scoff, making me slouch in my chair.

     "What was that, I couldn't hear what you said" Her eyes looked me up and down and I could feel the tears threaten to spill. From the corner of my eye, I could see Hugo grip the desk, almost like he was going to pounce on Alyssa if he didn't hold himself back.

     "My name is Sofia, and I'm new here" I spoke just a touch louder.

     "The 'princess' who saved the EverRealm, right?" I nodded, scared to say anything to Alyssa who continued to intimidate me with her sly tactics, "So you must think you're some big shot, huh?" I looked at Hugo for some reassurance or something that could make me feel more confident in myself, but he was busy trying to stay calm, or that's what it looked like.

     "Well, I can tell you that you aren't what everyone claims you to be. I mean, look at you, you're not even a real princess. I bet your mommy was just looking for an easy source of money from your step-father" Alyssa snarled, making the tears actually spill. I rocketed out of the classroom, ignoring the looks I got from everyone. The heart-clenching pain that filled my body made me weak, so I went to the only place where I knew could get some privacy, the bathrooms. The time lingered in the air while I ran to the bathroom. At this point, I didn't care to make a good first impression or if I was late to my first class, I was devastated people could be so cruel. And the worst part is, I don't know what I did to make Alyssa be so rude. Was it that I was sitting by Hugo, who I have known for years? I couldn't tell you, but what I could tell you is that Alyssa doesn't like me.