prologue

f l a s h b a c k

Finally, my 5 year was finally over. No more stupid OWLS to learn for anymore. No more sleep lack anymore and the most important, no more Umbitch's stupid rules and her annoying voice ringing in my ears anymore.
The year was basically just me hanging out with my friend Violet, learning for these stupid OWLS, drinking tons of coffee to keep me awake, putting disgusting sour candies I bought from the Weasley twins in Umbitch's tea because she deserved it duh, received stupid detention because of it, and again learning and learning. Now hell is finally over.

The train was slowly stopping at Platform 9 3/4. I was already excited and happy to see my parents and my little 6 year old sister Amanda again.
As the train finally came to stop I quickly said goodbye to Violet and hugged her tightly and then ran overjoyed out of the train without giving any attention to the people around me. My eyes were only searching for two certain people, my mother and my sister. My father unfortunately never came to Platform 9 3/4 because he is always busy with his job as an auror. It is a dangerous job, so I often used to start crying as a little girl when he went on missions because I was concerned and scared about him but he assured me that nothing would ever happen, he promised me, and he always keeps his promises.

I was looking everywhere for them but couldn't find them. I didnt really think much about it. They maybe just forgot and are coming a bit later. I waited 20 more minutes and was now standing at the Kings Cross station where all the muggles were.
I waited 30 more minutes and was starting to feel a sick feeling in the stomach and starting to become concerned. I gave up and started walking my way home. It was starting to pour like a waterfall and it was freezing cold. I could hear my teeth rattle and my whole body was shaking uncontrollably.
My clothes were completely soaked.
I walked and walked and walked until I couldn't feel my legs anymore.

I saw a bench, I was never so happy to see a bench. Sounds so pathetic but it's true, I really needed somewhere to sit. With my shaking body I was slowly trying to sit down on the bench for a break.
"How could they forget? Something like this never happened before..what if something bad has happened? Fuck fuck fuck why of all people me?" I thought. Many different thoughts were going through my mind but then I heard a loud sound coming from not far from me. I looked up and saw a big blue, purple kind of bus. It was the Knight Bus.

"What is a lovely little lady like you doing here alone? It is freezing cold and dangerous out here" I heard a manly voice saying.
Not knowing what to say I just blankly stared at him.

"Now c'mere, we'll get you safe home."

I got up from the bench and went over to the man at the bus. "but..uhm i-i don't have any money with me.."
I said quietly and embarrassed.

"We'll see what we are gonna do but now come in'ere" the tall man said.
I slowly went in the bus and climbed up the couple stairs. It was quite rusty in there. I've never been in the Knight bus before so I didn't know what it looked like, until now. I imagined it to be warmer but what did I honestly expect? Suddenly the bus started to drive really fast and was shaking strongly. I tried to hold on anywhere but fell down before I could even reach anything to hold on.
I quickly got up, made my way to the seats and pretended nothing happened.

"Where do ya have to go?" the man asked me after 10 minutes.

"Oh uhm, Acanthia Way"
I answered with a shaky voice

"Did you hear that Ernie, go full throttle!" I heard him say.

The bus started to drive faster and faster and I had to hold on to the side of my seat to avoid falling down again. I couldn't wait to finally get home. Out of nervousness I was bouncing my right leg the whole time, waiting for the bus to finally stop. After 15 minutes the driver driving like a drunk, we finally arrived at Acanthia Way.