Chapter six

Christmas day came and pass as well as new year with Michael spending it by staying at home or stalking Sasha. He had went with her to her parents home for Christmas, well, if he said he went with her, he meant by staying inside his car outside the house. He finds it difficult to approach her, not that he didn't want to but that he was afraid she might not want to see him and he don't think he can take seeing contempt in her eyes when she look at him.

The new year started as always for him only that, it was extra cold to him. Michael had kept on undergoing rehabilitation for his legs and he was indeed improving, he can stand for ten seconds now and his doctor praised him for his hard work and also said that it was a nice improvement and he might start working in less than two months. Michael invested all his time in walking again, if he is going to fight for his love then he mustn't have any disadvantage and him not walking is already a big disadvantage on his side.

He went to office every morning and that's because he don't want to spend the day at home wallowing in self blame. His hallucinations may have stopped but his mind has recorded everything and it always replay it for him. So he will rather stay in the office than at home. Michael took his time thinking of a way to get close to Sasha, he thought about going after her like he always have been doing but will she accept it this time?

He has a special way of wooing her, he always sends her ninety nine white roses every morning along with a love letter, hand written by him. Ladies love red roses but not Sasha, her favourite color is white and she loves it in everything, including roses. The day he found out about her preference to white was during their highschool days, he had sneakily put red roses in her locker for the first time, and had hidden at the side to see her expression.

Sasha had came to her locker that day with her friend, she had been shocked when she saw the flowers and the letter, a sweet smile had played on her lips as she read the beautiful poem and after, she had admired the roses and had also made the statement "I would have love these flowers more if they were white" Michael had picked it up that day and since then, he had never made the mistake of sending her red roses.

Michael smiled as he thought of that first day, hearing that she loved his roses made his day that day and he also discovered something special, her favourite color is white and since that day, white had become his own favorite color. Michael sighed as he wiped his face with his palm before opening his drawer and getting out a plain white sheet. He grabbed his pen, ready to write, it's been a long time he wrote a poem and that was because he was angry with his muse and had lost his inspiration. He wondered if he could get one now by thinking of her.

Michael closed his eyes and reminisced about the day he had secretly followed her to the beach, she had went with her parents and he had hidden behind a palm tree as he watched and took pictures of her, she looked so beautiful in her white bikini that he couldn't take enough pictures of her. As he thought about that day, he wrote.

'Sunshine on your face, making you look more beautiful than the stars. Heavens should be praised for creating a beautiful treasure like you for you light up the world with your beautiful glow. If you are called a princess it will be less befitting to you for you my dear is the goddess of light, the most angelic being that shines my heart at night. In the deep of the darkness, when I remember you, my whole being shudders for my light has been thought of. The most special gift for a goddess is getting the moon and sprinkling it with stars, you light up my world'.

Michael stared at his masterpiece and a faint smile played on his lips, will she love it? Well, that depends, he thought. He pressed on his intercom "come to my office" he ordered and rest his back on his chair.

A moment later, the door opened and Gary entered "you send for me sir?"

"Get me roses, ninety nine roses."