Prologue

Michael sat in his car, he watched the all too familiar silhouette getting into the house, he heaved a deep sigh as his heartbeat increased, he looked beside him at the contract on the seat, will she listen to him because of it? Is she still interested in it? She couldn't have loose her interest already, it's only been two months right? After all, she married him at first because of it.

But she still left, a voice said in his head, yes, yes she did and that's his biggest regret now, he shouldn't have let her go, he should have stopped her that day, he should have asked her to stay, but would she have? He can't even tell. He took a deep breath again and pressed on the intercom to call on his driver "help me get down."

It wasn't up to a minute and the car door was opened, his wheelchair was before him and Gary helped him to sit on it. Michael looked at him and Gary nodded a go ahead for him. Michael could feel his heartbeat thumping loudly in his chest, he is nervous, yes, he has not seen anyone that could make him nervous, there is absolutely no one who can, except her, only her.

"Get it for me" he told Gary who picked up the contract and handed it to him, the weather was still cold, after all, it's still just March. He took in a deep breath and let it out slowly again, twice he had tried to approach her since she left but always stop himself halfway, but he should, if he really wants her back, he has to meet her, to talk to her.

He still can't believe it, it's been only two months and she already sent him the divorce papers, he thought she said they were only separating for a while, why do she want to divorce him already? He can't tell and he is certainly not going to let it happen, he can't believe it but he really want her back and this time, he is going to try his best to settle their differences.

True, she hurt him really bad in the past, uncountable times, but he has been wrong, he shouldn't have let their past encounter to affect their marriage, the only opportunity they had to make things work between them. He had been wrong, that he already know, and now he wish of nothing but a second chance to do the right thing, a second chance to save his marriage, he only wish heaven is on his side and that she will listen and grant him this favor.

Gary wheeled him to the porch of the house, he pressed the doorbell and shifted aside to give them room to talk. Michael could hear the sound of approaching footsteps inside and gulped, trying really hard to steady his fast beating heart. The door swung open a second later to reveal Sasha's face, her face revealed shock when she saw the man at her doorstop before slowly covering up in anger.

"Why are you here?" She asked coldly.

"I came to talk to you" Michael answered carefully.

"I don't want to talk to you."

"That's...well" he licked his lips and gulped, he searched for what to say but ended up with nothing, he picked up the contract from his lap and showed it to her "I think you need to sign this. It will be starting very soon" he stared at her intently, not knowing what else to say, he was actually lost for words in her presence.

Sasha stared at the contract in his hands, she really still want it but she just don't want anything to do with him again, this past two months in her life has been hell and she was finally getting over him or so she thought but she is definitely not going to let him play with her heart again "I don't want it anymore. You can give it to anybody you want."

Michael bit his lips at that "but I have been keeping it for you" he mumbled but she still heard him, her heart missed a beat at that, no Sasha, don't grow soft.

"Mr. Brown, I think you are forgetting something here. We are no longer together and I really wish you can do me one last favor" he looked at her "sign the divorce papers."

"Do you really want that?" Michael asked after a few seconds silent.

"Nothing will make me happier" she replied casually.

"I think I will put it off for a while, we still need sometime to decide."

"There is nothing to decide, I just want my freedom."

"Don't you think you are making a decision so fast?"

"I have always been fast with making a decision" she replied coldly "I will be waiting to hear from you through my lawyer, now if you will excuse me, I have something to do" she turned to walk back inside but Michael grabbed her wrist to stop her.

"Sasha" he called softly and she froze, if she is to calculate it, this, in all the years she has known him, is the first time she was hearing him say her name and it sounded so beautiful coming from him, she turned to look at him but he had his head bent and slowly he raised his head to look at her "I can give you what you want but in my condition, people are going to talk and you know how much I value my reputation. But let me give you a proposition, the doctor said I will be able to walk again in three months time, come home with me and stay and after three months, I will sign the divorce papers."

Both Sasha and Gary was shocked, Gary never knew his boss will result to that means but literally, it seems his mistress has already made up her mind to leave him.