Chapter 24 [Final]

"Pull the ladder down."

"It looks rusty," I replied, narrowing my eyes at the thing. Austin laughed, reaching out to take my hips from behind.

"Baby," he whispered tauntingly.

"I'm not a baby."

After the whole wedding ordeal the week before, I didn't quite feel so bad about it. My family came home to tell me that the beach was pretty, and they'd taken pictures for me. The ceremony really wasn't that great, and the reception was okay. In my head, I knew they were lying so that I wouldn't be upset. It was probably really pretty. But if I had know earlier what would've happened, I wouldn't've been so upset. I wasn't really expecting all the sweet aftermath, but that wasn't something to complain about.

Not being a virgin anymore was, physically, no different. In my head, though, I was someone else. No idea why, though. But it was kinda strange for me to admit to myself that I've had sex before. That's something that grownups do, not me. In reality, I knew it was no big deal. Still, though, I thought about it a lot. Kinda giggling a little. Blushing. Not in a lot of belief that, yeah, I've done that before. I cursed myself for being such a child, but I couldn't help it. Austin was the best damn thing that ever happened to me.

But we were so close now.

Standing outside the old barn down my street, looking at the silo, he held me from behind. Laughing the beautiful laugh where his whole body shudders with it. Tickling me a little. I snickered, slapping his hands away, only for him to grab me back and pull me into his chest.

"C'mon kitty, do it," he laughed, kissing my neck.

"Why don't you do it?" I shot back. There was a decrepit old pull-down ladder on the silo wall. Austin and I had wandered out there only an hour before, and he desperately wanted to climb it, to see what was up there.

"Because I'm Austin and I don't wanna do it."

"Ugh." Pushing him off me and earning a few chuckles, I grabbed the ladder and pulled it down. Austin's flashlight explored it; our only source of light on the cloudy night. A terrible squeak ensued, practically shattering my eardrums. He dropped the flashlight to cover his ears. I did the same, watching the old thing slide down and praying to god no neighbors would hear. We really should've been somewhere further from my house, but I'd always been so curious about this place. It was near a hundred years old, and I passed it everyday going to school, and had never once been inside. All the doors were locked. There was a main barn, made of old grey wood and black shackles. The thing looked like the wind would blow it apart any moment. Then, off to the side were some more old barn like buildings, all of which slanted near 30 degrees to the left. I made sure to not touch those ones. In the back was a field, and beside the big barn was a silo. With a ladder.

Austin went straight for the ladder as soon as it touched ground.

"You're gonna fall and die," I said.

"Would you resurrect me?" he called, getting his feet up the rungs very, very slowly. I watched him scale it, admiring the view of his ass as he steadily picked up each leg to go higher.

"Yeah, with my wizardy powers."

"You're so cute," he sighed. As the fifth rung was touched, it snapped beneath his foot. My heat jumped, and, on instinct, I moved to catch him.

"Austin!"

"It's fine," he said, "it was just one bar."

"Baby, come back down! You're gonna fall and hurt yourself," I said, fear seeping into my voice. He ignored me and kept going.