7 - game night

song recommendation: please don't go - joel adams

jade lockhart

"You were?" Ryder asked, looking down at me in astonishment.

"I didn't want to lead him on..."

Ryder's smile was bigger than I could ever describe and I felt myself smiling too, seeing how happy he was.

But I didn't want him to get the wrong impression.

He knows I'm not ready for anything serious.

Before I could say anything, he cupped my face in his hands and brought his lips to mine quickly.

The kiss was sweet and loving, but after a moment, I pulled away.

"Ryder, you know I don't want anything serious right now-"

"I know, Jade. I'll wait for you." He grinned and I felt myself melt internally at his words.

He'll wait for me.

I kissed his cheek quickly before saying goodbye and returning to finish up some work.

—————

As I was leaving the office, I felt somebody grab my arm and I quickly turn around to slap them.

"Fucking hell, Lockhart!"

"Malfoy, you fucking git! I thought you were a murderer." I groaned as I crossed my arms in front of me, watching him rub his cheek in pain.

"Why do you always have to slap me?"

"Because you're stupid." I rolled my eyes and started to walk away before he ran to watch up with me.

"Wait. Y/n wanted me to invite you over to our house tonight. We're having a game night." He panted as he leaned forward, catching his breath.

"A game night?"

"Bloody hell, Jade. Just come on." Draco groaned as he grabbed my hand and held onto the port key to his house before we showed up in his front yard.

"I didn't even say yes yet!"

"Eh, I figured you would anyway," he shrugged as I glared at him.

"Jade!"

I turned around to see Y/n running out her front door and immediately squeezing me into a hug.

"Y/n, girl I need air!" I laughed as she quickly let me go.

"Sorry...everyone's inside already. Come in."

We entered their house and made our way to the living room where the group was.

Blaise, Luna, Ryder, Theo, a random Ravenclaw girl who I'd assume was one of Luna's friends, and Theo were all spread out along the couches.

Well this is new.

"Oh yeah, this is Eleanor. A good friend of Luna's," Y/n pointed to the brunette girl as she smiled at me.

I returned the smile as I sat down beside Y/n,  trying not to look over at Ryder or Theo.

"So we wanted to do something different tonight..." Draco smirked as he gained the group's attention. "I have a few bottles of veritaserum that I've poured into some drinks and we can all ask each other questions."