6 - date night christmas lights

December 5

Arlo Ray

"So, what's going on between you and neighbor boy, huh?" Calvin asked with a smirk, as soon as Cassius had left to go for lunch with his mom.

Arlo sighed, "Nothing, Calvin," he responded, shaking his head. "Nothing is going on- I don't even like boys."

Gabby came up behind them, munching on some chips, "Neither do I," she pointed out, chewing a new chip. "But I'm still attracted to 'em."

"Hey," Calvin whined. "I'm a boy. Are you trying to hurt my feelings?"

She shrugged, "I mean, sure. You can be annoying sometimes."

Arlo laughed and Calvin huffed, "Whatever..." Calvin said. "Anyways, Arlo..."

He groaned, he did not want to have to deal with Calvin's interrogation right now, "What?" he asked sharply.

"You and Cassius..."

"Don't even say anything, Calvin," Arlo replied, cheeks becoming a light shade of pink.

He sighed, "Fine," he said. "But I heard something 'bout you two going on a date later this week and-"

"It's not a date," Arlo immediately butted in.

"So you are going somewhere with him?"

Arlo hesitated before he nodded a little, "Yeah. Just a walk around to see the lights," he told him.

Why'd I tell them? Now it sounds romantic, or something, he thought to himself.

"I dunno, Arlo, that sounds pretty date-like to me..." Gabby responded, eating the last of her chips.

"Shut up," he mumbled.

He could admit that it did sound a little bit like a date- in a way. But he was sure it wouldn't be anything like that when it happened. They were just going to hang out. Take a walk outside- together. At night. To look at lots of pretty lights- because Arlo said he liked them. Damn. That totally sounded like a date. Arlo wondered if Cassius thought it was a date, or sounded like one. Cassius didn't exactly ask him out, but he did- in a way.

Oh well, he decided to just enjoy it when the day came. Maybe he could make Cassius like Christmas. Or maybe that would be too difficult. He figured he'd at least try to get the other boy to loosen up about the holiday season, and if it worked- even if it was just a little bit- he'd be happy with that.

- - -

December 9

Cassius Tuffin

Today was Friday. Tonight, Cassius was going to see the lights with Arlo. God, he sounded like Rapunzel, or something- with all the talk about seeing the lights.

He'd hung out with the neighbor boy on Wednesday afternoon, so it wasn't as if it'd been forever since they'd last seen each other. But Cassius was looking forward to it, despite the fact that it was Christmas related. He thought that must be because he was going to be with Arlo during it. He made some things more tolerable.

"Cassius, your friend is here!" his mom called.

Cassius wasn't sure why, but his mind automatically travelled to Arlo, even though he knew it wasn't him. It was much too early for him to be here anyways. He'd invited Morris and Zaiden over, so it was obvious that they were the ones showing up at this time. He went downstairs and to the front door to greet his friend, whichever one of them it may be.