a/n - introduction

Hello! I know these are boring to read so you can skip right to chapter one if you'd like!

If you're still here, you're either actually interested in what I have to say, or you're just being nice- which I do appreciate :)

Basically, this is a cozy cute Christmas romance (more of a rom-com, actually) that I am writing as the holiday season is approaching. You know, to get those holly jolly vibes flowing.

Warnings and Other Notes:

- One or two uses of the homophobic slur, but for the most part it won't be mentioned at all because this is supposed to be a joyful read.

- Swearing, but not too much of it. Really, the characters only swear when they're complaining about something. There is one part where it is used offensively towards another character though, just so you're aware!

- LGBTQ+ story. It features two male love interests and will include some side WLW and other representation as well.

- Will be updated as often as possible. Not sure if I'm going to stay on track with the schedule, but I will try to update every two days or so.

- Each chapter will include a song to go with it! Obviously, most of them are going to be Christmas songs to keep the festive spirit going.

- Please vote, comment, and follow me if you enjoy!

Synopsis:

"Merry Christmas! I hope you're not on the nauty list."
- - -
Cassius hates Christmas.
Some people call him the Grinch, because of his odd dislike for the joyful season. But unlike the Grinch, Cassius hasn't come to like the holiday.
Yet.
This Christmas, his family is hosting a party.
Cassius fails to see how this could make Christmas any better, but when he gets a Christmas card from one of their neighbors in their mailbox that says: "Merry Christmas! I hope you're not on the nauty list." he finds it humorous that "nauty" is spelled wrong.
With this strange motivation to find who made the spelling mistake, Cassius is looking more forward to the party than he thought he would be.
- - -
Arlo loves Christmas.
And this year, his across-the-street neighbor of almost four years is hosting a Christmas party- and he and his family are invited.
Of course, being the Christmas enthusiast that he is, Arlo is very excited to go. But he knows how much the boy who lives across the street hates the holidays, and is worried that he'll make the party more grumpy than it needs to be.
So, Arlo decides to try to brighten the dull boys Christmas mood, and make him jolly enough for his family's Christmas party.