18 (final)

"Lovino! Antonio! Thank god you both did not get far," Feli came running toward us. We both faced him, and I felt happy to see him. "Please, come back. I talked to grandfather, and he won't be a bother anymore," Feli tried to say. He held onto his knees and started to breathe out heavily. "Please... I made food and I want both of you to eat it. Grandfather won't be eating with us, and I even invited Ludwig over.... who also invited Kiku, Gilbert, and Francis. So please come back," Feli said.

He closed his eyes tightly and started to beg. I looked to Antonio who looked back at me, waiting for my answer. "We will come back..... I'm sorry for causing so much trouble," I spoke. Feli looked at me and shook his head "you never did, grandfather is just..... a jerk..." he laughed out nervously. We all nodded in agreement, and soon enough Feli pulled us by our hands to come back home. "Thank you; I promise everything will be better."

Once we arrived back at the house, people started to show up and it made me feel warm inside. I wasn't really close to most of these people, but the fact that I was able to join them for this was very dear to me. I know that in my grandfather's eyes I won't ever be good enough, but at least someone finds me good enough. That alone makes up for anything that I may have been lacking.

The food that Feli made tasted great and put me in an even better mood than I was in before. "Hey, can we go talk privately? I think we were interrupted," Antonio whispered to me. I looked around at everyone and nodded slowly "right now or when everyone leaves?" I asked.

"We can wait until everyone leaves if that's what you want," he said. I nodded and continued to watch everyone have fun. Antonio has made me a better person, and his efforts to get me to open up worked. I smiled at the thought and rested my cheek in my hand.

~
Once everyone left, Antonio followed me into my room and ordered me to sit down and close my eyes. "What are you planning?" I asked annoyed. "Just keep them closed," he laughed.  I could hear him shuffle around a bit before he tapped my leg. "Okay, open it now," he cheered. I slowly opened my eyes, and there he was, with the biggest smile on his face. Antonio gestured for me to look down and once I did, I saw he held a bracelet.

You can tell that it was a handmade one that was made out of some type of string. It was very beautiful though and made my eyes widen. "Wow... did you make this?" I asked. He nodded quickly, showing how proud he was about it. "It's beautiful," I smiled. He grabbed my hand and placed the handmade bracelet on me, and continued to hold my hand tightly.

"Lovino, about earlier, there is something else I want to say," he started. "What is it?" I asked. What else could there be that he wanted to ask? "Go on a date with me.... I'd like to work to eventually be a couple," he explained. My eyes widened, and joy filled my body. "A couple?.." I asked slowly. "Yes, if that is okay?" He asked. "Yes! That is fine! I just wasn't expecting it," I explained. Wow, a couple.... I've never been in a relationship before. "That is good to hear," he spoke.

Antonio lifted his hand to my cheek and began to caress it gently. His hand was so soft that I could not help but lean against it. "You are so handsome," he spoke. Antonio pulled me in for a hug, and I could sense that there was something else on his mind. "What is it? You seem like something is wrong?" I asked. "Hehe, if I told you, you would yell at me," he laughed. "Well, it still doesn't hurt to tell me," I spoke softly.

Antonio separated from me and held my chin still. "I was just thinking about how much I want to kiss you." He spoke. My face felt hot, and I had no idea what to say. He laughed out and started to scratch the back of his neck nervously. "It is pretty silly, I know it is too soon. Even saying I love you was too soon, but it just felt right..., and right now I just thought it would feel right," he tried to explain.

"Okay....."
"Hmmm?"
"If you want to, go ahead and do it."
"What?! But do you want to?"
"Yes..."

His face was shocked, and I felt serious. I wanted him to kiss me, too; with every bit of me, I wanted him to kiss me. "Okay then," he whispered. Antonio came closer to me and slowly kissed my cheeks... then he...

The feeling drowned everything around me. When his lips touched mine, I immediately closed my eyes to enjoy it. Antonio grabbed onto my face and started to kiss me more and more... until he stopped. At that moment, I wanted so much more from him. We both looked into each other eyes and started to turn red. "Uhh.... that was nice," he said nervously. My forehead began to sweat, and I nodded. "Yeah.."

This was it, what I longed for so much. It was the chance for someone to get close to me. He allowed me to open up, and my ice-cold nature had diminished over the months I knew him. Starting today, it was only going to go away more as I learned to love myself and others around me who have good intentions. No matter how hard I want to curse at everyone and hit all the stupid idiots in the world, Antonio will be there to ensure I won't do that. Somehow, the idea of that pleased me, and I couldn't wait for it...
Despite my intense personality and ability to get irritated over anything.

~~~~~~~~~
Like
Comment 💖💖💖💖
Thanks for reading so far ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

This is the last chapter, thank you to everyone who kept reading. I'll have more books out soon. But make sure to follow my Instagram (on my home page) for updates and more hetalia content.