1

"3... 2... 1!!!! Okay!! Ready or not, here I come!" My brother announced. I hid deeper in the bushes and waited for him to come and find me. "Big brother?! Where are you?" He called. I giggled and continued to stay hidden. The bush spread apart, and I could finally see my brother running around."I'm gonna get you!" I laughed, running out toward him. I ran closer to and tagged him, holding my hands out to push him.

He tried to run away but tripped over a branch, falling hard on his face. "Oh no! Are you alright, Feli!" I said, worried. Quickly, I ran toward him and tried to help him get up. "Yes! I'm fine, don't worry, I am still having fun-..."

"Lovino! Feliciano! What are you doing?!" My grandfather rushed out of the house and angrily walked toward us. "Lovino! What did you do to your brother?!" He yelled. My smile dropped, and I looked at how quickly he rushed to aid Feli. "We were just playing..and-..."

"No! I told you that you couldn't be playing rough with Feli! He could hurt himself."
"I'm fine, grandfather; we were just playing."
"No!! You could have been hurt even more."

I felt my face get hot from anger, and I stomped my foot down. "Fine! Then I won't play anymore!" I said hurt. "No, wait! Grandfather, really it's nothing-..." Feli tried to say. However, I ran away from them and into the nearby forest.

I hate them! Grandfather treated me like a problem child, and Feli ...well, he...he! I took a seat by some trees and started to cry. "He is just perfect," I cried. I squeezed my legs together and put my hand down on them.

~
Growing up, I was always treated like I wasn't the favorite. I knew I wasn't, but they could at least try and hide it a little. I felt that I was always in Feliciano's shadow, and it caused a strain on our relationship. Although I loved my brother so much, and he meant the world to me, I knew when I needed to back off.

Feliciano was just so perfect; he was talented and a precious jewel. Me? I didn't fit the bill, so why should I try to do anything about it when I could just live my life? It was hard every single day since I had to come home to it. Luckily, I could get a job during my sophomore year of high school, and I worked every day after school.

This avoidance happens and continues to this day, in my senior year of high school. I still managed to converse with my dear brother, who was too nervous about standing up to my grandfather. We even sneak into each other's room and talk for a bit. Grandfather thinks I'm a terrible influence and ensures we don't goof off. The house is serious and with only one goal in mind, and that is for Feli to be of approval and for me to make sure I succeed without getting in the way of Feliciano.

Due to recent events (AKA me getting in a fight with another student at school), Feliciano and I will have to switch schools. I don't feel bad about it, though, he was being mean to Feliciano, and I wasn't going to stand aside and let that happen. That night, I received the most extended lecture, but I didn't give a damn about it.

This apparently was my last warning, and the next time this happened, I was just going to be pulled from school and sent somewhere else. Although the idea of leaving sounded great, I needed to graduate and make sure I went to college.  Not for my grandfather but for myself. Not that he cares, but I have high grades and an excellent GPA to get into a university of my choice.

Now I can't risk my future anymore, and I will have to make sure I take this year seriously. So that one day I won't have to carry all this pressure with me everywhere. We transferred a week or so after schools had started the semester, so it would be hard to catch up a little bit. I think I could manage if I just study until I make up the work. "Good morning, class; today, we have two new students in our class."

"Hello, my name is Lovino Vargas."
"And my name is Feliciano Vargas."
We both said, introducing ourselves.  "Just sit anywhere and get comfortable with the people around you. Lunch begins in thirty minutes so we can get you both accustomed afterward." The teacher explained.

We both nodded and looked around to find a seat, and sadly there weren't any beside each other, and we were going to have to sit separately. I sat next to this guy with light brown hair and green eyes, he looked disinterested, so I didn't pay him any mind. I was lucky enough to sit by the window, so I just looked outside while the class continued. I continued to feel angry about the situation but watching how breezy the air looked outside calmed me down.

I would give anything for this year to be over, but I still have nine more months left until graduation. My stomach started to hurt, and I began to feel anxious about being here in this class. It isn't like I had friends back at my other school, but there are just too many unfamiliar faces that make my head spin. I'm sure Feli will make many friends, so I'm not worried about him fitting in with everyone else. Maybe I should try being social? The thought made me sick, and I knew damn well I wasn't going to try jack shit.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Like
Comment 💖💖💖💖

This is my new book so I hope you all like it so far ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️