Chapter 2: The Weak Shall Overthrow The Strong

Huyu v.s. Gorindo.

That boy was up next. The few chunins that were watching started to whisper. The weak boy was up. He had to fight. It was almost a premonition, or, an expectation that Huyu would lose. No one had thought about the little possibility that Huyu could walk out victorious. Gorindo wasn't all that strong; everyone just thought Huyu that bad. Ever since his foster mother died, his potential had seemed lost. Like it was another person, and got too bored with him and left. He hadn't much minded, considering most of the time his mind wasn't present. He spaced out a lot, and had often lost himself completely inside a flashback. Of the horrible night his Mother, the only person his heart had reached, was struck through with a bolt of steel.

He had come very detached after her death, but in recent months grown so close to Aoka and Chizuko that you rarely saw them apart. But it hadn't surprised Aoki. When a thought of the past grows ever present, surrounding yourself with people who'll save you is a natural response. If it weren't for him.... and her mistakes, Aoki would still do the same now.

As the whispers gently ceased, Huyu came to face Gorindo, not letting out any discomfort, if he had any. But her couldn't fool Aoki, she could see little points of obvious nervousness. But she was good at that. She had always pointed it out to her opponents, cracking, stabbing at their spirit. Clouding their mind with agony and fury. 

Gorindo spoke quietly to Huyu, maybe as to not make their conversation so public.

"You should forfeit. No one wants to see anything bad happen..." Gorindo obviously couldn't tell that his supposed act of kindness, actually insulted Huyu.

"If you think I am as weak as I once was, you will be sorry," Huyu sounded like a changed man. But many a ninja have sounded like soldier until the battle starts; then they might as well be a newborn puupy with it's eyes closed.

Aoka sure hoped that wasn't the case. She needed for Huyu to pass with Chizuko. That way, they would all end up on a team together. Aoka turned her attention back to her friend.

Huyu and Gorindo were both standing very still. Gorindo was shaken by the staleness in Huyu's voice. Before his accident, Huyu was third best. 

Sensing Gorindo's fidgeting, Huyu dashed forward, a frontal attack. Gorindo quickly reacted, taking out his kunai, with Huyu still unarmed. It was easy to see what Huyu was planning, but someone of Gorindo's level wouldn't realize until it was much too late. Gorindo slashed at Huyu, revealing through a puff of smoke that it was fake, and Gorindo was attacked behind him, a shuriken cutting Gorindo severely. The chunins gasped. They hadn't expected anything like this. It was like a blast from his past.  Huyu hadn't  been anywhere near this good in a long time. Even Aoka smiled in pure delight. He will win this, Aoka thought. Nothing will stand in my way.

Huyu looked at a desperate Gorindo. He wasn't planning to go down so soon. Gorindo had tried hard for this moment. He wasn't going to be beat by an old ninja washout. Gorindo got up, and formed his hand signs. He was going for the final blow.

"Duplicate Hands Jutsu!" Gorindo reached out to Huyu and many hands appeared. They looked like afterimages, but there wasn't a way to tell which ones were real. Huyu was frozen. The real hands impacted on his abdomen, and he flew backwards, hitting the wall. Blood spurted out of his mouth. his eyes were out of focus. It was Gorindo's chance to strike. Gorindo dashed at Huyu, his kunai in hand. But Huyu was too quick. He got up, in a flash, and faster than ever before, he made his hands signs in a very familiar way, that Aoka knew what jutsu it was.

"Bolt of Steel Jutsu!" He got an irrational look in his eyes, and Aoka screamed.

"NOO! Huyu!"  Huyu's hand morphed in a painful looking fashion. It took the form of sharp, sword fingers, and Gorindo ran right into it. Gorindo's eyes grew wide, and he passed out.

The referee judged Huyu the winner, and the medical ninja came and collected them both. Aoka sighed. He let it get out of hand. She always told him not to do that, and this was a petty reason to let it. Yet she, had also called out, something she would have gotten severely punished for at home. She put her hand to her head. This village is making me soft. What was the reason my father sent me here?

The next matches were nothing too exciting. Most of the kids who ranked higher won, except for the kid who was ranked dead last, he somehow won against another lowly ranked student. It was the last match. But everyone already knew the fighters.

Aoka against the third best out of the Academy.

Sora.

______________________________________________________

I sure hope you guys liked this chap!

I'm real sorry about not getting this out sooner, but I've been bombarded with homework, not to mention I was in an accident recently, and I got a little hurt... :(

But I'm WAY better now, so I'm very happy!

Look forward to the next chap!

YOU CRAPPY PENGUINS!!!!