Chapter 5: Meeting Her Jounin

Aoka's room was quiet. It always was. It gave her time to think. She was always thinking. There wasn't a moment in life when she wasn't planning her next move. She almost disliked her life as it was, but she knew it was the only one she had, so she doesn't complain.

"Haah... Another day, another smile." She whispered to herself. Her bed was warm. The covers were inviting and snuggled up to her body, a hug worthy of her sleep. Her alarm had long since gone off, but she had no urge to be punctual on this day. Today, she met her jounin instructor. Her team was required to meet at one of the fields at 7:00 am that morning. It was already 7:15. She rolled her eyes uncharacteristically, and slid out of bed. Her normal wear fit on her body as usual, and her breakfast was an apple and a bagel. After the normal routine for our main heroine came to a fast end, she ran out the door and a speed not possible for a beginner genin.

She arrived swiftly at the fields, the wind blowing in her hair. She walked toward Huyu and Chizuko, who were sitting beside each other on the grass.

"AH!" Chizuko exclaimed, "The one day I am actually here on time, and YOU decide to take a page out of my book!" She scolded rashly. Aoka faked an apologetic smile, and sat down with them.

"So, I wonder when our teacher is going to get here?" Chizuko asked, with an irritated tone. She crossed her arms and huffed.

"Well, considering it's past the alotted time, he won't be long, I'm sure." Huyu tried to mediate Chizuko's temper.

"Considering he was waiting for me to arrive, I think he'll be out of the trees any moment," Aoka tilted her head, a habit she had forced herself to have, and looked in the direction of the trees.

"Wha-" Chizuko started.

"Well, it seems one of you is clever!" a male voice shouted. He jumped down from the trees swiftly, and walked over with ease. He had a black spiky ponytail, and a green jacket over his normal wear.

"My name is Shikamaru. I'm your jounin instructor." He smirked, and sat down across from us. "I've heard about you, Aoka, from Hinata." He said.

"Ah~ She likes to overexaggerate some things. I'm kinda smart, but my sight was the only thing that clued me in on where you were. I;m not really clever at all." Aoka said, downplaying herself on purpose.

"Yeah! I mean, Aoka's nice and all, but she's not really threatening at all!" Chizuko laughed. Shikamaru turned sharply to her.

"It doesn't matter how well you think you may know someone! Never, I mean, never, underestimate your opponent." Shikamaru scolded. Chizuko recoiled quickly. He calmed himself, and turned to Aoka again.

"Well, let's get introductions underway. How about you all tell me your names, goal, likes, dislikes, strong points, and weaknesses." He listed from memory.

"I think you should go first, Shikamaru-sensei." Aoka offered.

''Oh! Okay! Umm, I'm Shikamaru, I don't have much of a goal, I like... clouds, intelligence games... I dislike troublesome things, I have good intelligence, but I don't have many skills to work with." He waved to Chizuko who went next.

"My name is Chizuko. I want to be an ANBU when I get older. I like strong people, salsa, and fighting. I dislike weak people, reading, and pork. I am great taijutsu and ninjutsu, and I find barely any weaknesses except the fact I am not a Genjutsu user." 

"Uh... I'm Huyu. I... Just want to be a strong ninja for the Leaf. I like forging weapons like swords, I like hot chocolate, umm... I also like jump-roping. I dislike morally wrong people, and I really hate collard greens. I am pretty good at taijutsu. But, I really have much to work on. I can't really... fight so well. For... Reasons." Huyu wrung his hands while he talked. When he finished, he looked to Aoka.