Prologue

Hugo P.O.V. 

     There she was, not even a born royal and she managed to save a whole realm from evil. That thick, auburn hair and those big blue eyes were the reason I couldn't focus in class, yet somehow she made it seem like she didn't even matter. My world could crumble at the snap of her fingers and she would apologize for the pain that she caused. The way she giggles at something I say and puts her hand over her mouth so no one will see her nose crinkle makes my heart flutter every single time. And every time I try to go even a step further if it's asking her to hang out after school or an extra derby practice, she can't. And every time I wonder is it something I did or something I didn't do to make her not like me, but none the less she still makes my jaw drop open and my cheeks turn red when she looks at me. Sofia, the girl who took my heart by the horns at gained control of my thoughts, but I don't regret it. I can't regret it, because I don't want to live a life where Sofia the First isn't the thing on my mind every morning when I wake up and when I am about to fall asleep. I'd love to be the thing that makes her stomach fill with butterflies when she sees me, to give her the pleasure and joy that she gives me. I'd kill for her to notice me in the hallways at school when she walks to her classes, even for just a day. 

AUTHORS NOTE

This story will switch between Hugo's and Sofia's P.O.V., but I just wanted to give you an idea of Hugo's feelings towards Sofia.  I hope you like it!