一 ༄ EVOCATION

┌───────────┐
記憶
└───────────┘

┌───────────┐記憶└───────────┘

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

Chapter One
EVOCATION

꧁꧂

She wished she was an amnesiac.

She wished for nothing more than to forget.

(L/N) (Y/N) did not care for the sharp chill of the snow biting her skin. The frost of the night was only trivial when her head was swarming elsewhere.

She felt so small, so frail—it was no wonder she no longer felt human. To be so deprived of warmth felt aberrantly heavy, and it weighed her down. Her feet almost felt encased, trapped beneath the white blankets of the Earth.

How were the falling snowflakes so lovely yet so deadly to her?

The snow made it darker; the light of the moon was held hostage by the clouds. It was dark out, and she felt completely lost. All her senses forced her body to move mindlessly, in which she solely focused on her thoughts alone. Not even the audible trudges of the Upper Moon Three's feet dragging along the snow snapped her from this blankness.

Only when he placed a firm hand down on her shoulder, did she jolt.

(Y/N) practically fell down in the snow from surprise, and that was when the sharp cold of the night finally hit her. She groaned in pain, and immediately struggled to stand up again. Her efforts seemed to be useless, however, as the owner of the hand that had previously touched her suddenly helped her up. The person's arms hooked under her shoulders from behind and pulled her upwards, bringing her to steadily stand in the snow.

"What is a human like you doing out in this temperature?"

His choice of wording was not the first thing that hit her. Rather, it was the sound of his voice. The familiarity invoked such a heartbreaking memory from her that she practically gasped. Could it be him?

(Y/N), with newfound hope in her soul, turned around as quick as she possibly could to see—

A demon.

The woman stumbled back once more, but this time she kept her balance. She knew it was just too good to be true—there was no way he was back. This demon just had a painstakingly similar voice. Not answering his question, she looked up at him, and she spoke.

"Is it finally my time?" she questioned him, adopting a smile of sorrow on her features. "Perhaps I may finally join them?"

This woman reminds me of—

Before the demon could lose himself to the thought, he quickly shook his head and ridded of it entirely.

The Upper Moon Three lost himself to confusion at her question, but it was still quite obvious to him what this human woman was implying.